Attention all members!
Have a cool ride? Then show it off on our website! All vehicles welcome!

Comp Size

Post a reply

Confirmation code
Enter the code exactly as it appears. All letters are case insensitive.
Smilies
:awesome: :argh :ditto :inout :words :bow :cheers: :bigwink: :fing02: :sad017: :scorp: :o :D ;) :p :unwell028 :tongue017 :thumbsup :surprised :sm29: :angry011: :angry015: :angry012: :nono: :angry010: :nono :banghead :mad: :dif :angry :CRZ_13: :eek: :confused: :confused0 :confused :( :sad: :cool: :dance :mecry: :jesterlol :embarrass :flame: :doh :evil019: :evil001: :rolleyes: :sub:
View more smilies

BBCode is ON
[img] is ON
[url] is ON
Smilies are ON

Topic review
   

Expand view Topic review: Comp Size

by GlassWolf » Fri Mar 03, 2006 10:40 pm

now MIG and TIG welders I have access to at my friend's garage next to his house. I just don't personally own them. I think depending on the size of the garage on the house I get in NC, I may drop the $1200 or so and buy a side hydraulic lift for my car though. Man, that'd be great for working under it. No more creepers.

by geolemon » Fri Mar 03, 2006 8:05 pm

We had a little one at the shop...
Something broke on it after not much use, so I was a little concerned about that.
What "consumables?" Maybe that's what happened. I was just told it was broken.

I'd love one, personally.

But I said that about a MIG welder too... bought one... and still really haven't touched it, I've never got time. :(

(let's see... that was... holy crap... before I got married... say, 8 years ago? Is that sad?)

by GlassWolf » Fri Mar 03, 2006 7:40 pm

sinister audio wrote:that wouldnt be too bad for this kind of stuff if your careful. only thing that sucks about plasma cutters is the consumables.
supposedly these little portables will slice through up to 3/8th inch plate steel, so they'd be great for working on car bodies for mods, cutting off old bolts and headers, etc. Little stuff that's faster with a plasma than a reciprocating saw. I used the sawzall this past weekend to slice up my old exhaust system into little 1' sections so I could toss it in the trash. That took a couple minutes, and the saw was toasty warm afterward. I probably breathed in a bunch of deadly stuff, too. heh

by geolemon » Fri Mar 03, 2006 5:31 pm

That was my old Nissan minitruck I had...
Around here, with the snow and salt, you have a "nice car" and a "Winter beater". That truck was my winter beater... but also a nice utility vehicle, and pretty decently cool - I had it lowered over 5"... the rear spring shackles were low enough to the ground that certain driveway entrances you had to punch the throttle a little bit so you could bounce the shackles over the driveway and not get hung up... :p

Eventually it started to get a little rusty, so I got rid of it. It was a 1990 model, a pretty popular body style with the minitruck crowd.

I picked up a Pathfinder to replace it, since that truck was so good to me (AND since I managed to find a 2 wheel drive one, with a manual tranny - rare!) - I'm not half as happy with the Pathfinder unfortunately. :(

by sinister audio » Fri Mar 03, 2006 3:36 pm

that wouldnt be too bad for this kind of stuff if your careful. only thing that sucks about plasma cutters is the consumables.

by GlassWolf » Fri Mar 03, 2006 3:27 pm

actually you can buy a small 40A portable plasma cutter now for about $400.
I've been considering it myself.

by Jonathan » Fri Mar 03, 2006 10:04 am

geolemon wrote:Hey, here's all the regard for my door integrity:
http://www.betteraudio.com/geolemon/Lin ... source.htm
Sawzall anyone?
:dance
I miss that little truck. :(
I may do that to mine (it was free, I don't feel guilty :D ). What kind of truck was that?

by sinister audio » Fri Mar 03, 2006 8:56 am

a plasma cutter works pretty good too. jk you want to use that.

by geolemon » Fri Mar 03, 2006 8:53 am

Hey, here's all the regard for my door integrity:
http://www.betteraudio.com/geolemon/Lin ... source.htm
Sawzall anyone?
:dance

I miss that little truck. :(

by William from NOLA » Thu Mar 02, 2006 6:32 am

haha, half joking

Top