Attention all members!
Have a cool ride? Then show it off on our website! All vehicles welcome!

I got a new K&N air filter for free...SO???

Anything not related or doesnt fit another Forum.
User avatar
MobileAudio219
Master of My Domain
Posts: 4919
Joined: Thu Oct 07, 2004 4:00 am
Location: Sullivan Missouri

Post by MobileAudio219 »

Darthness wrote:oh ok. i thoguht you were going for more of that. i kind of like blazers made for offroad type of stuff.. mudding like you hae shown there. i don't like the dropped dlook and all that stuff on the older blazers.
I've loved the 1st gen blazers ever since I was a wittle bitty boi...

It has taken me FORVER to find a blazer meeting the exact specs that I wanted.
It had to be a first gen that was in really good shape (no rust and a straight body). It had to be a 2 door and a 2wd... And it had to be a 4.3 with a 5 speed...

When I first found it I got a.... Well lets just say i was excited. :happy055:

I already have major plans for this one, I might pick up another 1st gen to use as a daily, if I do that I'll probably get a 4x4....
1995 Ford Explorer Sport, 4.0, Auto, 2dr, 2wd!
JVC KD-S100, PPI 356c's ,Hifonics ZXI 6410, 10" AB DX
Like project build threads? Have one of your own? Post it here!
www.projectcarforum.com
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
User avatar
GlassWolf
Master of My Domain
Posts: 6725
Joined: Thu Oct 07, 2004 4:00 am
Location: Columbia, SC
Contact:

Post by GlassWolf »

I didn't edit the title. I only change titles of threads to correct spelling and such.

Anyway, K&N filters are foam as opposed to OE paper ones. they flow better, and if oiled properly, will catch finer particles of debris.
good filters, and they will improve overall engine efficiency etc but don't expect there to be any real noticeable difference.
Image
GlassWolf (aka KikiTheCat)
moderator-administrator
User avatar
MobileAudio219
Master of My Domain
Posts: 4919
Joined: Thu Oct 07, 2004 4:00 am
Location: Sullivan Missouri

Post by MobileAudio219 »

GlassWolf wrote:I didn't edit the title. I only change titles of threads to correct spelling and such.
Anyway, K&N filters are foam as opposed to OE paper ones. they flow better, and if oiled properly, will catch finer particles of debris.
good filters, and they will improve overall engine efficiency etc but don't expect there to be any real noticeable difference.
Yeah, no real noticable difference in power. I hoping for a slight increase in mpg, I guess we'll see...

When I made this post I was sooo tired I was literly falling asleep... Since then I've gotten about 3 hours of sleep... I'm about to kill over...
1995 Ford Explorer Sport, 4.0, Auto, 2dr, 2wd!
JVC KD-S100, PPI 356c's ,Hifonics ZXI 6410, 10" AB DX
Like project build threads? Have one of your own? Post it here!
www.projectcarforum.com
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
yowzatheman
Junior Member
Posts: 10
Joined: Sun Aug 06, 2006 8:15 pm

Post by yowzatheman »

i think k&n's are good. give my car more mpg thats for sure
cargodz
Master of My Domain
Posts: 4771
Joined: Tue Jul 04, 2006 7:21 am
Location: NW Ohio
Contact:

Post by cargodz »

Although don't look for any mpg gains if you keep stomping it to hear the growl :p
-Michael
http://www.teamcargodzinc.com :thumbsup
Hear It, See It, Feel It, Punch It!
And Proud Sponsor of
Team Wolf Pack Audio
Authorized Dealer
User avatar
MobileAudio219
Master of My Domain
Posts: 4919
Joined: Thu Oct 07, 2004 4:00 am
Location: Sullivan Missouri

Post by MobileAudio219 »

cargodz wrote:Although don't look for any mpg gains if you keep stomping it to hear the growl :p
Ahhh, why not? :surprised

I usually drive pretty easy...
1995 Ford Explorer Sport, 4.0, Auto, 2dr, 2wd!
JVC KD-S100, PPI 356c's ,Hifonics ZXI 6410, 10" AB DX
Like project build threads? Have one of your own? Post it here!
www.projectcarforum.com
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post Reply