Attention all members!
Have a cool ride? Then show it off on our website! All vehicles welcome!
Have a cool ride? Then show it off on our website! All vehicles welcome!
I got a new K&N air filter for free...SO???
- MobileAudio219
- Master of My Domain
- Posts: 4919
- Joined: Thu Oct 07, 2004 4:00 am
- Location: Sullivan Missouri
I got a new K&N air filter for free...SO???
It's just a drop in one, my uncles shop got it free from the part store (I guess it was some sort of promo thing).. Anyways I needed to replace my air filter and he said I could have the k&n if I wanted it... No noticable performace gains (and didnt expect there to be), but it gives it a nice growl when you stomp on it...
1995 Ford Explorer Sport, 4.0, Auto, 2dr, 2wd!
JVC KD-S100, PPI 356c's ,Hifonics ZXI 6410, 10" AB DX
Like project build threads? Have one of your own? Post it here!
www.projectcarforum.com
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
JVC KD-S100, PPI 356c's ,Hifonics ZXI 6410, 10" AB DX
Like project build threads? Have one of your own? Post it here!
www.projectcarforum.com
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
- MobileAudio219
- Master of My Domain
- Posts: 4919
- Joined: Thu Oct 07, 2004 4:00 am
- Location: Sullivan Missouri
Well I figured for free I would try it out........
1995 Ford Explorer Sport, 4.0, Auto, 2dr, 2wd!
JVC KD-S100, PPI 356c's ,Hifonics ZXI 6410, 10" AB DX
Like project build threads? Have one of your own? Post it here!
www.projectcarforum.com
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
JVC KD-S100, PPI 356c's ,Hifonics ZXI 6410, 10" AB DX
Like project build threads? Have one of your own? Post it here!
www.projectcarforum.com
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
-
Ryan from Ohio
- Posts: 13308
- Joined: Fri Mar 17, 2000 12:00 pm
- Contact:
I dropped a KN in my 95 Z34 I had.
My gas mileage improved by about 15-20 miles per tank, the car had better acceleration (slightly noticeable) and I liked the fact this was the last air filter I had to buy!
SO ya it cost me $450 with the cleaning kit, but hey every 6 months I cleaned it and it was like new
My gas mileage improved by about 15-20 miles per tank, the car had better acceleration (slightly noticeable) and I liked the fact this was the last air filter I had to buy!
SO ya it cost me $450 with the cleaning kit, but hey every 6 months I cleaned it and it was like new
-Ryan
www.caraudiocentral.net - Your #1 Car Audio Resource on the Net!
www.caraudiocentral.net - Your #1 Car Audio Resource on the Net!
- MobileAudio219
- Master of My Domain
- Posts: 4919
- Joined: Thu Oct 07, 2004 4:00 am
- Location: Sullivan Missouri
yeah, this is just a drop in one... It still makes a nice grawl when you crack open the thottle... I'm hoping I'll see an improvement in gas milage but dont really expect it... But yeah, cant beat free...Ryan from Ohio wrote:I dropped a KN in my 95 Z34 I had.
My gas mileage improved by about 15-20 miles per tank, the car had better acceleration (slightly noticeable) and I liked the fact this was the last air filter I had to buy!
SO ya it cost me $450 with the cleaning kit, but hey every 6 months I cleaned it and it was like new![]()
1995 Ford Explorer Sport, 4.0, Auto, 2dr, 2wd!
JVC KD-S100, PPI 356c's ,Hifonics ZXI 6410, 10" AB DX
Like project build threads? Have one of your own? Post it here!
www.projectcarforum.com
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
JVC KD-S100, PPI 356c's ,Hifonics ZXI 6410, 10" AB DX
Like project build threads? Have one of your own? Post it here!
www.projectcarforum.com
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
- MobileAudio219
- Master of My Domain
- Posts: 4919
- Joined: Thu Oct 07, 2004 4:00 am
- Location: Sullivan Missouri
Did you add the SO??? to the thread title?Ryan from Ohio wrote:I dropped a KN in my 95 Z34 I had.
My gas mileage improved by about 15-20 miles per tank, the car had better acceleration (slightly noticeable) and I liked the fact this was the last air filter I had to buy!
SO ya it cost me $450 with the cleaning kit, but hey every 6 months I cleaned it and it was like new![]()
Or maybe I was just that tired when I posted this... am I going crazy?
1995 Ford Explorer Sport, 4.0, Auto, 2dr, 2wd!
JVC KD-S100, PPI 356c's ,Hifonics ZXI 6410, 10" AB DX
Like project build threads? Have one of your own? Post it here!
www.projectcarforum.com
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
JVC KD-S100, PPI 356c's ,Hifonics ZXI 6410, 10" AB DX
Like project build threads? Have one of your own? Post it here!
www.projectcarforum.com
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
- MobileAudio219
- Master of My Domain
- Posts: 4919
- Joined: Thu Oct 07, 2004 4:00 am
- Location: Sullivan Missouri
http://www.kcclassicauto.com/dgierman/93typhoonside.JPG
Hmm, but who?Darthness wrote:no someone added it...
The truck is a 2wd, I was just bored and decided to see what would happen if I tried to go through it. I've got video's of my cousin 4x4 jimmy stuck in it, but I guess it all has to do with the driver because I could stop in it and make it out after a little rockin...
It's going to get bigger rims (16" or 17"), but with lower profile tires and a 2/3 drop... Going with for a street truck type of look influenced heavily but the gmc typhoon... It'll probably have a 355 or or a 383 tbi v8 before next summer...

Yeah, they'll be no more of this.

1995 Ford Explorer Sport, 4.0, Auto, 2dr, 2wd!
JVC KD-S100, PPI 356c's ,Hifonics ZXI 6410, 10" AB DX
Like project build threads? Have one of your own? Post it here!
www.projectcarforum.com
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
JVC KD-S100, PPI 356c's ,Hifonics ZXI 6410, 10" AB DX
Like project build threads? Have one of your own? Post it here!
www.projectcarforum.com
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
