Attention all members!
Have a cool ride? Then show it off on our website! All vehicles welcome!
Have a cool ride? Then show it off on our website! All vehicles welcome!
my setup and sugestions
-
sinister audio
- Master of My Domain
- Posts: 2562
- Joined: Sat Mar 19, 2005 9:00 am
- Location: Watertown, South Dakota
- Contact:
No offence SPL, but I feel you are falling into the more is better state of mind. The guys are right, 6 20 farad caps is a little much. Not only with they add a ton of draw to your alt, but caps that large have a pretty slow discharge rate.
Yeah drop the Solos. I love kicker, but the Solo lineup sucks.
Yeah drop the Solos. I love kicker, but the Solo lineup sucks.
-
spldreamer
- Junior Member
- Posts: 18
- Joined: Sat Apr 01, 2006 8:42 am
-
Robert Wollenberg
- Posts: 1386
- Joined: Mon Sep 19, 2005 4:45 am
- Location: Abilene, Texas
The rule was always 1 farad for every 1kw. Are you going to be running 120kw of power? we've got a diesel powered generator that runs our entire building that's only about 3k. We're talking the headquarters building with all the staff agencies. Everyone has their own AC unit plus the main AC. Everyone has TV’s, computers, ceiling fans ... you name it. You have enough capacitance to power a city. lol.
-
sinister audio
- Master of My Domain
- Posts: 2562
- Joined: Sat Mar 19, 2005 9:00 am
- Location: Watertown, South Dakota
- Contact:
my shop originally tried to sell me a 20farad Stinger cap...I kinda laughed in their face with that one. I told them that my stock 120a alt with the big 3 would do me just fine. I bought a yellowtop based on what I read with Kiki (GlassWolf) and I really like it. Starts my car just fine and my stereo can run awhile with the car off too. Big caps make nothing better. You are better off running 6 1F caps utilizing a brass bus bar rather than 6 20 F caps. Even 2 40F caps is WAY overkill. Ask Alma Gates how many caps she has for her car. My friend Michael Hughes is a 5 time world champion in DbDrag and he uses no caps. Don't buy into the hype, cause a cap is all that is, expensive hype.
IASCA Certified SQ Judge
USACi Certified SQ Judge
MECA Certified SQ Judge
2010 USACi Spring Break Jam Modified SQ Champion
Moderator for https://www.facebook.com/groups/524841581331183/
CVD Audio Sales and Acquisitions Team
http://www.cvdaudio.com
USACi Certified SQ Judge
MECA Certified SQ Judge
2010 USACi Spring Break Jam Modified SQ Champion
Moderator for https://www.facebook.com/groups/524841581331183/
CVD Audio Sales and Acquisitions Team
http://www.cvdaudio.com

