Attention all members!
Have a cool ride? Then show it off on our website! All vehicles welcome!
Have a cool ride? Then show it off on our website! All vehicles welcome!
Subs for a RF Punch 55.2 amp?
-
High Society
- Master of My Domain
- Posts: 2473
- Joined: Sun Jan 23, 2005 11:59 am
- Location: Philippines
- Contact:
-
High Society
- Master of My Domain
- Posts: 2473
- Joined: Sun Jan 23, 2005 11:59 am
- Location: Philippines
- Contact:
ok...the guys on here are kind of close minded...you know who you are...lol.
I would suggest Focal Access subs, but the sub alone will meet your max $$
so here is my .03 cents...try JL 12w1's. For a low powered amp...you cannot beat the sound. Don't do dual subs, your amp just doesn't have the needed oomph. Also check out Crossfire subs. We have two demo cars at the store I shop at...my car (Eclipse, Focal, Audison), and a Mustang Cobra (Eclipse, Crossfire). For what they are, low power seems to be best for their lower line.
I have only heard an RE once, and that sucker needed some power to truly let it come alive, and have yet to hear Elevation Audio. Although I might be putting some of their upper line subs and comps in my wife's car. I have an Audison VRX in layaway to power them.
I would suggest Focal Access subs, but the sub alone will meet your max $$
so here is my .03 cents...try JL 12w1's. For a low powered amp...you cannot beat the sound. Don't do dual subs, your amp just doesn't have the needed oomph. Also check out Crossfire subs. We have two demo cars at the store I shop at...my car (Eclipse, Focal, Audison), and a Mustang Cobra (Eclipse, Crossfire). For what they are, low power seems to be best for their lower line.
I have only heard an RE once, and that sucker needed some power to truly let it come alive, and have yet to hear Elevation Audio. Although I might be putting some of their upper line subs and comps in my wife's car. I have an Audison VRX in layaway to power them.
IASCA Certified SQ Judge
USACi Certified SQ Judge
MECA Certified SQ Judge
2010 USACi Spring Break Jam Modified SQ Champion
Moderator for https://www.facebook.com/groups/524841581331183/
CVD Audio Sales and Acquisitions Team
http://www.cvdaudio.com
USACi Certified SQ Judge
MECA Certified SQ Judge
2010 USACi Spring Break Jam Modified SQ Champion
Moderator for https://www.facebook.com/groups/524841581331183/
CVD Audio Sales and Acquisitions Team
http://www.cvdaudio.com
Thanks so much again for all the help, everyone. I'm still leaning towards the Comp 12. I was thinking of maybe powering it with my RF for now, and once I get some more cash, I could get a new amp for the sub and use my RF to power my 6.5" speakers in the front...? Currently, my front speakers (Boston Acoustics RX67s) are running off the HU.
Bwcad1, thanks for the offer of finding a dealer close to me; I'd really appreciate it if you let me know if you find anything out. I'm in Nashua, New Hampshire 03064.
As for the box: I'd much rather have someone that knows what they're doing build it (I can only imagine what I'd do!) If there's anyone out there that would consider it, could you please give me an idea of how much it would cost?
Thanks again everyone!
Bwcad1, thanks for the offer of finding a dealer close to me; I'd really appreciate it if you let me know if you find anything out. I'm in Nashua, New Hampshire 03064.
As for the box: I'd much rather have someone that knows what they're doing build it (I can only imagine what I'd do!) If there's anyone out there that would consider it, could you please give me an idea of how much it would cost?
Thanks again everyone!
[quote="Bwcad1"]im not close minded ]
I will pm you my address.... :)
I will pm you my address.... :)
IASCA Certified SQ Judge
USACi Certified SQ Judge
MECA Certified SQ Judge
2010 USACi Spring Break Jam Modified SQ Champion
Moderator for https://www.facebook.com/groups/524841581331183/
CVD Audio Sales and Acquisitions Team
http://www.cvdaudio.com
USACi Certified SQ Judge
MECA Certified SQ Judge
2010 USACi Spring Break Jam Modified SQ Champion
Moderator for https://www.facebook.com/groups/524841581331183/
CVD Audio Sales and Acquisitions Team
http://www.cvdaudio.com

