Attention all members!
Have a cool ride? Then show it off on our website! All vehicles welcome!

Subs for a RF Punch 55.2 amp?

All speaker/sub woofer related questions.
Scocho
Junior Member
Posts: 17
Joined: Sat Nov 19, 2005 11:04 am

Subs for a RF Punch 55.2 amp?

Post by Scocho »

Hi, I'm new to car audio, and would appreciate any advice I can get. I need some new subs for the amp I have: a Rockford Fosgate Punch 55.2:
http://www.adelcom.net/Fosgate2ChAmps.htm

Output Power (4 ohms): 37.5 x 2
Output Power (2 ohms): 55 x 2
Output Power Bridged (4 ohms): 110 x 1

I have a 2000 Accord, I'm more interested in SQ than SPL, and I listen to mostly rock and metal, and some rap. I would like to spend under $300 on the sub(s) and box. I would also prefer not to make the box myself. So far, I was thinking something like this PowerWedge with 2 JL w0's for $290 (including shipping):
http://www.woofersetc.com/index.cfm?fus ... ct_ID=2916

Is this a good choice for my situation, or does anyone have any other suggestions? Thank you.
Bwcad1
Master of My Domain
Posts: 9312
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2005 11:00 am
Location: Ohio

Post by Bwcad1 »

elevation audio comp 12 thats not many watts... the re guys will be here in a few mins...
ImageImage


ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
ridr4lif
Master of My Domain
Posts: 1654
Joined: Fri Oct 15, 2004 11:00 am
Location: East Hampton, NY

Post by ridr4lif »

With the power you have available, you will be better of with only one sub.

As Bwcad said, Elevation audio comp would work. And the Resonant Engineering RE series would work well too. A few people on here dont like their business practices, but they make an awesome sub.
Bwcad1
Master of My Domain
Posts: 9312
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2005 11:00 am
Location: Ohio

Post by Bwcad1 »

re makes good subs i like there products decent prices just dont like how they run there buisness... and i think there headed to and audiobahn i really i really hope they prove me wrong
ImageImage


ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
ridr4lif
Master of My Domain
Posts: 1654
Joined: Fri Oct 15, 2004 11:00 am
Location: East Hampton, NY

Post by ridr4lif »

I hope they prove you wrong too, b/c i think they make an excellent product and would hate to see it all go to chrome (waste).
dmeyer07
Senior Member
Posts: 944
Joined: Mon Jan 31, 2005 12:00 pm
Location: ********

Post by dmeyer07 »

x2


-David
High Society
Master of My Domain
Posts: 2473
Joined: Sun Jan 23, 2005 11:59 am
Location: Philippines
Contact:

Post by High Society »

the re guys will be here in a few mins...
Took me only 36 min :) I do suggest Elevation audio in my other posts BTW.
Output Power Bridged (4 ohms): 110 x 1
I would suggest the elevation audio comp too. Were you from, some one on the board could get you a deal.
♠ Mateo ♠

80 pounds of Titanium
Proud Member of Team Wolfpack Audio
Scocho
Junior Member
Posts: 17
Joined: Sat Nov 19, 2005 11:04 am

Post by Scocho »

I'm in New Hampshire. Wow, goes to show what a noob I am; I've only heard good things about RE. I was actually considering getting something of theirs (I heard the SEs are great for SQ, but it would be silly for me to try powering one with the amp I've got). I'm having a hard time finding places online to purchase Elevation Audio. And thanks for all the quick responses, everybody!
Bwcad1
Master of My Domain
Posts: 9312
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2005 11:00 am
Location: Ohio

Post by Bwcad1 »

u will only here good things about re they are good things just not incredibly impressed with them... you wont find elevation audio online they dont and wont sell online... you have to get it from a dealer... elevationaudio.com find a dealer there.
ImageImage


ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Scocho
Junior Member
Posts: 17
Joined: Sat Nov 19, 2005 11:04 am

Post by Scocho »

Thanks, Bwcad1. After I made that last post I found the Elevation Audio forum on here, and started reading up on them. The more I've read about what people say about them, as well as about their business and their practices, the more I want to buy from them.
Post Reply