Attention all members!
Have a cool ride? Then show it off on our website! All vehicles welcome!

Street Tuner Challenge humor

Anything not related or doesnt fit another Forum.
sinister audio
Master of My Domain
Posts: 2562
Joined: Sat Mar 19, 2005 9:00 am
Location: Watertown, South Dakota
Contact:

Post by sinister audio »

dont they come from the factory with a turbo and if he did win he probaly just passed some old guy crusing it around. i dont think it would it would be anywhere close to a race.
sinister audio
Master of My Domain
Posts: 2562
Joined: Sat Mar 19, 2005 9:00 am
Location: Watertown, South Dakota
Contact:

Post by sinister audio »

the neon does 0-60 in 5.8 and the new vette does in 4.2 and thats not even the z06
Jonathan
Master of My Domain
Posts: 1775
Joined: Sun Jan 09, 2005 5:44 pm
Location: Georgia

Post by Jonathan »

THe Z06 would walk all over it. Really, a stock 2005 Mustang would outrun it too.

It can be considered fair, saying that a Z06 has over double the engine displacement of a Neon.
taylor17
Member
Posts: 31
Joined: Sat May 07, 2005 8:24 pm
Location: texas

Post by taylor17 »

lol I knew it wasn't possable, unless he tried racing the Z06, and a white headed old lady was driving. No, on second thought, she still would of one.
Jonathan
Master of My Domain
Posts: 1775
Joined: Sun Jan 09, 2005 5:44 pm
Location: Georgia

Post by Jonathan »

The SRT-4 is fast for the money, though, it can hit 14s in the 1/4 and does 0-60 in around 6 seconds (if not slightly lower). For under $20k it's not a bad deal.
taylor17
Member
Posts: 31
Joined: Sat May 07, 2005 8:24 pm
Location: texas

Post by taylor17 »

No, its not a bad little car... its actually kind of nice I guess.
He actually only payed $11000 got it used... only had like 12000 miles on it too! Its the 04 SRT4.
sinister audio
Master of My Domain
Posts: 2562
Joined: Sat Mar 19, 2005 9:00 am
Location: Watertown, South Dakota
Contact:

Post by sinister audio »

its about 4gs difference between the srt4 and the mustang gt. i would deffintly take the gt for that little of a difference
User avatar
GlassWolf
Master of My Domain
Posts: 6725
Joined: Thu Oct 07, 2004 4:00 am
Location: Columbia, SC
Contact:

Post by GlassWolf »

all SRT4s are turbo as far as I know, but Dodge's R/T division has MOPAR bolt-on parts you can order through the dealer to make the car a stage 3 rally contender with well over 350BHP and amazing suspension mods. They are venerable little cars if you do the work and put the money into them. Stock, no chance against a z06.
Fully modified, that'd be interesting to watch anyway. I've seen Neons with over 450BHP that looked pretty much stock from outward appearance, till you see the instrument clusters and full roll cage inside. Saying you beat anything usually doesn't man much unless you can prove the other guyw as really trying though, and you both started from a light at a dead stop.
I don't buy this rolling start crap, or flying by a guy sipping coffee and saying "I beat a Ferrari! with my Accord!" If it's not a head to head match, it's really hard to take it seriously.

If I race someone, it's at a strip, or they're going to know what's coming.. It's not going to be a "surprise! Find the gas pedal, fool!" kind of race.
Image
GlassWolf (aka KikiTheCat)
moderator-administrator
audiocr381ve
Senior Member
Posts: 219
Joined: Wed Feb 16, 2005 5:15 pm

.

Post by audiocr381ve »

More kiki humor :)

I test drove an SRT4 and it was great. I felt safe taking corners respectively hard. Acceleration was a bit jerky at some points but the ride was overall fun. I would buy a 2005 stang over it anyday. People respect stangs lol.
User avatar
GlassWolf
Master of My Domain
Posts: 6725
Joined: Thu Oct 07, 2004 4:00 am
Location: Columbia, SC
Contact:

Post by GlassWolf »

some people might. :)
I respect whatever crosses the finish line first. ^_^
Image
GlassWolf (aka KikiTheCat)
moderator-administrator
Post Reply