Attention all members!
Have a cool ride? Then show it off on our website! All vehicles welcome!
Have a cool ride? Then show it off on our website! All vehicles welcome!
Street Tuner Challenge humor
- GlassWolf
- Master of My Domain
- Posts: 6725
- Joined: Thu Oct 07, 2004 4:00 am
- Location: Columbia, SC
- Contact:
Street Tuner Challenge humor
so I'm watching TiVo, with some shows I record.. and street tuner challenge comes on.
They're covering a drag race invitational in Detroit that puts 10 of the nation's top tuner cars against each other.
Some of my favorite comments by the drivers:
MR2 driver: "I love boost!" t-shirt
MR2 driver: "My car has 450 wheel horsepower"
MR2 driver: "I expected it to be a bit faster, but 12.8 seconds in the quarter was ok. I mean, we were running at altitude..." (in DETROIT??? dumbass.)
Commentator: "Of the ten cars compared, only three were in the elevens.."
this leads me to wonder what the writers of Fast and the Furious were thinking when they bragged about ten second tuner cars.. I mean this show used ten of "the best" they could find, including an RX7, NSX, Supra, MR2, 350Z, and other equally impressive vehicles, all of which supposedly had a minimum of 400+BHP, and none of them could break 11.3 seconds as the best quarter ET.
Now, think about how many people are sure tehir tuners could roast any "old boat of a muscle car" in a drag race after watching these movies. The funny thing is most people I know with fast American classics won't even talk about quarter times unless they're at least in the 10s or 9s.
They're covering a drag race invitational in Detroit that puts 10 of the nation's top tuner cars against each other.
Some of my favorite comments by the drivers:
MR2 driver: "I love boost!" t-shirt
MR2 driver: "My car has 450 wheel horsepower"
MR2 driver: "I expected it to be a bit faster, but 12.8 seconds in the quarter was ok. I mean, we were running at altitude..." (in DETROIT??? dumbass.)
Commentator: "Of the ten cars compared, only three were in the elevens.."
this leads me to wonder what the writers of Fast and the Furious were thinking when they bragged about ten second tuner cars.. I mean this show used ten of "the best" they could find, including an RX7, NSX, Supra, MR2, 350Z, and other equally impressive vehicles, all of which supposedly had a minimum of 400+BHP, and none of them could break 11.3 seconds as the best quarter ET.
Now, think about how many people are sure tehir tuners could roast any "old boat of a muscle car" in a drag race after watching these movies. The funny thing is most people I know with fast American classics won't even talk about quarter times unless they're at least in the 10s or 9s.

GlassWolf (aka KikiTheCat)
moderator-administrator
-
audiocr381ve
- Senior Member
- Posts: 219
- Joined: Wed Feb 16, 2005 5:15 pm
heh...
Kiki you're just representin your charger man. :)
They couldn't of been the 10 best. I know that for a fact. I have a couple of friends out here that hit the tracks that have put 5-10 grand in their rice engines hitting near a 12 second quarter easy at professional tracks. I'm sure the 10 best in the world had more than 10 grand in thier engines. That show is for noobs.
They couldn't of been the 10 best. I know that for a fact. I have a couple of friends out here that hit the tracks that have put 5-10 grand in their rice engines hitting near a 12 second quarter easy at professional tracks. I'm sure the 10 best in the world had more than 10 grand in thier engines. That show is for noobs.
-
sinister audio
- Master of My Domain
- Posts: 2562
- Joined: Sat Mar 19, 2005 9:00 am
- Location: Watertown, South Dakota
- Contact:
-
audiocr381ve
- Senior Member
- Posts: 219
- Joined: Wed Feb 16, 2005 5:15 pm
yea
Yes ofcourse, but the MR2DRIVER was hittin 12.8, he's no good.
Look at the NHRA Sport Compact class, most of them are nearly anything goes as far as fuel use and power adders. Hot Rod class is still in the 9s, Modified in the mid 8s and Pro in the mid 7s. Pro is the funny car of the import world. Street tire class is in the mid 10s, all motor class is in the 11s, lol And most that are winning are running rotary engines.
"i think its funny as hell on F&F when they hit the n2o at like 100 and they squell their tires, they must be getting 500 shots of nitro."
I just think the people themselves are funny in their whole perspective upon it. You have so called hardcore racers adding 400 lbs worth of body kits, neon, and systems, then they'll remove the rear seat and one windshield wiper for weight savings. And most of them have more exhaust decibels than they do horsepower.
I just think the people themselves are funny in their whole perspective upon it. You have so called hardcore racers adding 400 lbs worth of body kits, neon, and systems, then they'll remove the rear seat and one windshield wiper for weight savings. And most of them have more exhaust decibels than they do horsepower.
-
kevinberry1
- Senior Member
- Posts: 638
- Joined: Fri Feb 18, 2005 7:21 pm
- Location: Omaha, NE
Lol. I've always wondered how much hp and torque those mufflers actually add. They sound like they are moving fast but you see the pimped out civics and they aren't moving that fast. It seems more comical than practical, but I don't know much about car mechanics. :)Jonathan wrote: And most of them have more exhaust decibels than they do horsepower.
thats not even "hardcore" thats ricer right there. atleast in the saturn community, thats not what generally goes down.Jonathan wrote:"i think its funny as hell on F&F when they hit the n2o at like 100 and they squell their tires, they must be getting 500 shots of nitro."
I just think the people themselves are funny in their whole perspective upon it. You have so called hardcore racers adding 400 lbs worth of body kits, neon, and systems, then they'll remove the rear seat and one windshield wiper for weight savings. And most of them have more exhaust decibels than they do horsepower.