Attention all members!
Have a cool ride? Then show it off on our website! All vehicles welcome!

did i make an ok choice

Post all your general car audio questions here.
crozzno
Junior Member
Posts: 13
Joined: Fri Dec 17, 2004 11:21 am
Location: laguna beach

did i make an ok choice

Post by crozzno »

i just ordered a Boston Acoustics GT-2200 to power 2 Polk Audio MM840. i have my old eclipse pa5422 to power DLS X-Program X-SB62 i ordered. and a Alpine CDE-123 ??? any help would be great . i just bought a 2004 tundra. o and a q logic sub box.
User avatar
Chris from Washington
Posts: 4671
Joined: Sat Oct 02, 2004 8:00 am
Location: Washington
Contact:

Post by Chris from Washington »

Are you worried about the quality of the items you bought?
I wouldn't worry about that, you bought solid stuff so you should be happy with it.

Once you get it all installed, take some pics and upload them into the garage.
Bwcad1
Master of My Domain
Posts: 9312
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2005 11:00 am
Location: Ohio

Post by Bwcad1 »

all of that is solid quality equipment and it looks like you did your research! you made great decisions.
crozzno
Junior Member
Posts: 13
Joined: Fri Dec 17, 2004 11:21 am
Location: laguna beach

Post by crozzno »

Just making sure the Watts will be enough to go together and all. what size power shouls I use?
crozzno
Junior Member
Posts: 13
Joined: Fri Dec 17, 2004 11:21 am
Location: laguna beach

Post by crozzno »

i was thinking 4 gauge power??
User avatar
Chris from Washington
Posts: 4671
Joined: Sat Oct 02, 2004 8:00 am
Location: Washington
Contact:

Post by Chris from Washington »

oh you're asking about wire size?
I think that would be OK.

If you ever plan on getting more powerful amps you might want to consider just doing 1/0 now, and you'll be all set.
crozzno
Junior Member
Posts: 13
Joined: Fri Dec 17, 2004 11:21 am
Location: laguna beach

Post by crozzno »

wow, nothing went wright. had to cut door panels to fit speakers and tweeters ( and i messed up on the cuts, gaps around speakers), one amp would not fit how i wanted under the seat. this is my first time doing this so i guess its natural for things to go wrong. i used 1/0 wire from battery with a 150 amp fuse to a splitter to two 4 gauge to amps. 4 gauge to ground. ran new 16 gauge speaker wires through doors, 12 gauge to subs.
User avatar
Chris from Washington
Posts: 4671
Joined: Sat Oct 02, 2004 8:00 am
Location: Washington
Contact:

Post by Chris from Washington »

Yep, things never go like you want them too.

For example, I had a fiberglass box for the Camaro. As I was restoring the car I added the power assist pull down motor. Now a couple years later I'm at the point where the car is on the road again, and I thought 'hey, I still have my old box might as well use it' Go to put it in. Doh, the pull down motor and new plastic interior piece sticks out further than the old one and the box doesn't fit now. I had to hack my box up and re-fiberglass it all.

What would have been a 5 minute drop in, took 2 weekends and trial and error to finally get it to fit.
Post Reply