Attention all members!
Have a cool ride? Then show it off on our website! All vehicles welcome!

Tires

A Place to Discuss Modifications done to your cars.

Moderators: GlassWolf, William from NOLA

User avatar
NorthQuad
Master of My Domain
Posts: 1183
Joined: Tue May 10, 2005 8:00 am
Location: Alberta, Canada

Post by NorthQuad »

Haha! Which is funny because I'm getting new tires today.

I'm going through the Fountain Tire here in town. Almost went through tirerack but after comparing prices, it was a $100 difference. So, I'd prefer the local guys.

I'm going with four of these Goodyear Fortera TripleTred Tires in a 255/70/16 which is stepping up in size from the 235/70/16 that came on the Explorer.

On the Explorer stock 16" rims at stock height you can fit all the way up to 275/75/16 without rubbing, unless the tires are a mud terrain with big lugs. Then you'd want to go with a 265/70/16 to be safe.

I'll post some shots of before and after when I gett'em on.
dave.
User avatar
NorthQuad
Master of My Domain
Posts: 1183
Joined: Tue May 10, 2005 8:00 am
Location: Alberta, Canada

Post by NorthQuad »

Not a huge difference but enough for me.

Before

Image

After

Image

Before

Image

After

Image
dave.
Tim
Master of My Domain
Posts: 1886
Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2007 8:46 pm
Location: 1060 W. Addison

Post by Tim »

nice difference. Like those tires alot.

Tim
"The opinions expressed in the preceding post are purely an opinion and not meant to be used as a reference. So if you screw something up because of something I said I will not and can not be held responsible". Thank you for understanding.
Tim Strong
http://upscaleaudiodesigns.webs.com/
Email: [email protected]
X-box Live Gamertag:quad drpr
User avatar
NorthQuad
Master of My Domain
Posts: 1183
Joined: Tue May 10, 2005 8:00 am
Location: Alberta, Canada

Post by NorthQuad »

Thanks, Tim. They should be great for winter conditions.
dave.
Tim
Master of My Domain
Posts: 1886
Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2007 8:46 pm
Location: 1060 W. Addison

Post by Tim »

yeah they should, they look pretty meaty!! lol

tim
"The opinions expressed in the preceding post are purely an opinion and not meant to be used as a reference. So if you screw something up because of something I said I will not and can not be held responsible". Thank you for understanding.
Tim Strong
http://upscaleaudiodesigns.webs.com/
Email: [email protected]
X-box Live Gamertag:quad drpr
User avatar
NorthQuad
Master of My Domain
Posts: 1183
Joined: Tue May 10, 2005 8:00 am
Location: Alberta, Canada

Post by NorthQuad »

Guess what? They rub a tiny bit on the inside of the fender when the steering is fully cranked. Hardly at all and not enough to pull off the fender but enough to hear it. I guess I was wrong to listen to others (without knowing them) that have mounted larger tires on their Explorers. Because they're full of shit. At least I listened to my gut when it said not to get the 265's.

I'm still happy with these tires though.
dave.
User avatar
MobileAudio219
Master of My Domain
Posts: 4919
Joined: Thu Oct 07, 2004 4:00 am
Location: Sullivan Missouri

Post by MobileAudio219 »

They look good.

What works on one truck might not work on another.

Here's a couple RBV (ranger based vehicles) forums. :D

http://www.rangerpowersports.com/forum/

http://www.therangerstation.com/forums/

http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/

http://explorerx.com/forums/
User avatar
NorthQuad
Master of My Domain
Posts: 1183
Joined: Tue May 10, 2005 8:00 am
Location: Alberta, Canada

Post by NorthQuad »

Sweet! Thanks, Mobile.

I'm a member at explorerforum and have posted the pictures there as well. Telling them about the rubbing too.

I'll hit the other forums and post the same.

Can't have enough favorite sites.
dave.
User avatar
NorthQuad
Master of My Domain
Posts: 1183
Joined: Tue May 10, 2005 8:00 am
Location: Alberta, Canada

Post by NorthQuad »

I just basically copied and pasted the same info in those Ranger/Explorer forums.
dave.
sinister audio
Master of My Domain
Posts: 2562
Joined: Sat Mar 19, 2005 9:00 am
Location: Watertown, South Dakota
Contact:

Post by sinister audio »

those arn't meaty tires here is what I have on my pick up

Image

and here is what on my yukon

Image
Post Reply