Attention all members!
Have a cool ride? Then show it off on our website! All vehicles welcome!

Sub

All speaker/sub woofer related questions.
sinister audio
Master of My Domain
Posts: 2562
Joined: Sat Mar 19, 2005 9:00 am
Location: Watertown, South Dakota
Contact:

Sub

Post by sinister audio »

Been out of the game for a while and I dont know all the good brands that are new and I see some of the good brands have disappeared. I'm looking for a sub equivalent to a RE SE12d2 or better with about the same power handling and quality (at least what they use to be if they are bad now) for around $150 shipped. thanks everyone.
Ryan from Ohio
Posts: 13308
Joined: Fri Mar 17, 2000 12:00 pm
Contact:

Post by Ryan from Ohio »

Well after the RE Fiasco came Fi Audio.

I would start there.
-Ryan
www.caraudiocentral.net - Your #1 Car Audio Resource on the Net!
smoker
Master of My Domain
Posts: 4126
Joined: Tue Mar 15, 2005 9:00 am
Location: florence, ky
Contact:

Post by smoker »

or you could just get an re se12d2......
sinister audio
Master of My Domain
Posts: 2562
Joined: Sat Mar 19, 2005 9:00 am
Location: Watertown, South Dakota
Contact:

Post by sinister audio »

I was thinking about it but I dont know if their quality has gone down or not.0
Ryan from Ohio
Posts: 13308
Joined: Fri Mar 17, 2000 12:00 pm
Contact:

Post by Ryan from Ohio »

I dont think the quality has went down, the price just doubled and then some...lol
-Ryan
www.caraudiocentral.net - Your #1 Car Audio Resource on the Net!
smoker
Master of My Domain
Posts: 4126
Joined: Tue Mar 15, 2005 9:00 am
Location: florence, ky
Contact:

Post by smoker »

what did the price used to be on an se12d2? msrp and in store pricing are two seperate beasts
Ryan from Ohio
Posts: 13308
Joined: Fri Mar 17, 2000 12:00 pm
Contact:

Post by Ryan from Ohio »

SE12's were $185 direct.

After the big shakeup the prices went up 50% roughly, usually a tad more. Of course thats a few years ago now also, but still...

Its my guess that dealer pricing is now what the direct pricing was- or close.
-Ryan
www.caraudiocentral.net - Your #1 Car Audio Resource on the Net!
falkenbd
Senior Member
Posts: 932
Joined: Tue Nov 20, 2007 8:39 pm
Location: Milwaukee, WI

Post by falkenbd »

I'm not sure how it compares to the RE sub, but I just put a Massive TW12 in a friend's car. Its only running on 300 wrms and it gets pretty loud and sounds good. Can't wait to get it into a ported box. It'll take 500 watts RMS and is Dual 4 ohm, which might not suit your needs.

I think the price aligns well with your budget.
smoker
Master of My Domain
Posts: 4126
Joined: Tue Mar 15, 2005 9:00 am
Location: florence, ky
Contact:

Post by smoker »

i can still do re se 12's for 185
sinister audio
Master of My Domain
Posts: 2562
Joined: Sat Mar 19, 2005 9:00 am
Location: Watertown, South Dakota
Contact:

Post by sinister audio »

Ill probably go with a SE then. And I didnt know you sold them smoker. I will get it from you when I get one. They are less on ebay but thats because they are gay.
Post Reply