Attention all members!
Have a cool ride? Then show it off on our website! All vehicles welcome!
Have a cool ride? Then show it off on our website! All vehicles welcome!
Sub
-
sinister audio
- Master of My Domain
- Posts: 2562
- Joined: Sat Mar 19, 2005 9:00 am
- Location: Watertown, South Dakota
- Contact:
Sub
Been out of the game for a while and I dont know all the good brands that are new and I see some of the good brands have disappeared. I'm looking for a sub equivalent to a RE SE12d2 or better with about the same power handling and quality (at least what they use to be if they are bad now) for around $150 shipped. thanks everyone.
-
Ryan from Ohio
- Posts: 13308
- Joined: Fri Mar 17, 2000 12:00 pm
- Contact:
Well after the RE Fiasco came Fi Audio.
I would start there.
I would start there.
-Ryan
www.caraudiocentral.net - Your #1 Car Audio Resource on the Net!
www.caraudiocentral.net - Your #1 Car Audio Resource on the Net!
-
sinister audio
- Master of My Domain
- Posts: 2562
- Joined: Sat Mar 19, 2005 9:00 am
- Location: Watertown, South Dakota
- Contact:
-
Ryan from Ohio
- Posts: 13308
- Joined: Fri Mar 17, 2000 12:00 pm
- Contact:
I dont think the quality has went down, the price just doubled and then some...lol
-Ryan
www.caraudiocentral.net - Your #1 Car Audio Resource on the Net!
www.caraudiocentral.net - Your #1 Car Audio Resource on the Net!
-
Ryan from Ohio
- Posts: 13308
- Joined: Fri Mar 17, 2000 12:00 pm
- Contact:
SE12's were $185 direct.
After the big shakeup the prices went up 50% roughly, usually a tad more. Of course thats a few years ago now also, but still...
Its my guess that dealer pricing is now what the direct pricing was- or close.
After the big shakeup the prices went up 50% roughly, usually a tad more. Of course thats a few years ago now also, but still...
Its my guess that dealer pricing is now what the direct pricing was- or close.
-Ryan
www.caraudiocentral.net - Your #1 Car Audio Resource on the Net!
www.caraudiocentral.net - Your #1 Car Audio Resource on the Net!
I'm not sure how it compares to the RE sub, but I just put a Massive TW12 in a friend's car. Its only running on 300 wrms and it gets pretty loud and sounds good. Can't wait to get it into a ported box. It'll take 500 watts RMS and is Dual 4 ohm, which might not suit your needs.
I think the price aligns well with your budget.
I think the price aligns well with your budget.
-
sinister audio
- Master of My Domain
- Posts: 2562
- Joined: Sat Mar 19, 2005 9:00 am
- Location: Watertown, South Dakota
- Contact: