Attention all members!
Have a cool ride? Then show it off on our website! All vehicles welcome!
Have a cool ride? Then show it off on our website! All vehicles welcome!
Clarion Center Channel
Ok here you go man. I even sepertaed it by 7s and 8s. Just watch the mounting depth you have cause some of these are pretty good sized mids.
MAKE SURE, you use the money you saved on the kickers, to sound dampen your rear doors.
If you put these monsters in there, and don't do some dampening their going to rattle your door apart.
Oh and thats something that will make a HUGE diffrence on your front doors SQ and output. So keep that in mind for the future.
One more thing. Most of these are 8 ohm drivers, but thats ok. You can wire them bridged mono at 4 ohms, or run them 8 ohms stereo. They are rated for 100 to 125 RMS, so it will match well with your new alpine amp.
8s are first
http://www.madisound.com/catalog/produc ... ts_id=1386
http://www.madisound.com/catalog/produc ... ts_id=1704
7s
http://www.madisound.com/catalog/produc ... ts_id=1604
http://www.madisound.com/catalog/produc ... cts_id=823
http://www.madisound.com/catalog/produc ... ts_id=1464
http://www.madisound.com/catalog/produc ... cts_id=818
If it was me, and i could make it fit, I would run the peerless 8. It comes very highly recomended by the guys at DIY mobile audio. Plus its QTS of .54 makes it ideal for IB (as long as my memory about IB specs is corect)
MAKE SURE, you use the money you saved on the kickers, to sound dampen your rear doors.
If you put these monsters in there, and don't do some dampening their going to rattle your door apart.
Oh and thats something that will make a HUGE diffrence on your front doors SQ and output. So keep that in mind for the future.
One more thing. Most of these are 8 ohm drivers, but thats ok. You can wire them bridged mono at 4 ohms, or run them 8 ohms stereo. They are rated for 100 to 125 RMS, so it will match well with your new alpine amp.
8s are first
http://www.madisound.com/catalog/produc ... ts_id=1386
http://www.madisound.com/catalog/produc ... ts_id=1704
7s
http://www.madisound.com/catalog/produc ... ts_id=1604
http://www.madisound.com/catalog/produc ... cts_id=823
http://www.madisound.com/catalog/produc ... ts_id=1464
http://www.madisound.com/catalog/produc ... cts_id=818
If it was me, and i could make it fit, I would run the peerless 8. It comes very highly recomended by the guys at DIY mobile audio. Plus its QTS of .54 makes it ideal for IB (as long as my memory about IB specs is corect)
- NorthQuad
- Master of My Domain
- Posts: 1183
- Joined: Tue May 10, 2005 8:00 am
- Location: Alberta, Canada
Thanks J-Man! You're the shit.
I like the Peerless 8" too. At that price, how could I go wrong? With some minor trimming on the panel underneath, it should fit no problem. I have no worries about trimming underneath, it's only the plastic panels I want to avoid cutting. There's plenty of depth in the doors for these to sink into also.
I will definitely use dampening, I used it on the front doors for the 6.5's and it was totally worth it. I would never go without it now.
Oh, and I have a dumb question. Will these be running as a midrange or a midbass? As in, will these put out vocals/bass guitar sounds with kick drum? Or will I need to run this like my subwoofers through the subwoofer output rca?
Sorry, total inexperience coming out of me.
I like the Peerless 8" too. At that price, how could I go wrong? With some minor trimming on the panel underneath, it should fit no problem. I have no worries about trimming underneath, it's only the plastic panels I want to avoid cutting. There's plenty of depth in the doors for these to sink into also.
I will definitely use dampening, I used it on the front doors for the 6.5's and it was totally worth it. I would never go without it now.
Oh, and I have a dumb question. Will these be running as a midrange or a midbass? As in, will these put out vocals/bass guitar sounds with kick drum? Or will I need to run this like my subwoofers through the subwoofer output rca?
Sorry, total inexperience coming out of me.
Yeah I kept forgetting to ask you what x-overs you have. I'm guessing your deck has a x-over and your amps have x-overs right?
So what x-overs are you using, and how are each of them set.
These speakers will be a little different than every thing your running now. You will need to low pass and hi pass them (also known as bandpass) So they won't be playing words, and they won't be playing the same freqs as your subs.
But lets get to all that once I know the rest of your setup.
So what x-overs are you using, and how are each of them set.
These speakers will be a little different than every thing your running now. You will need to low pass and hi pass them (also known as bandpass) So they won't be playing words, and they won't be playing the same freqs as your subs.
But lets get to all that once I know the rest of your setup.
- NorthQuad
- Master of My Domain
- Posts: 1183
- Joined: Tue May 10, 2005 8:00 am
- Location: Alberta, Canada
Well, the amps have the high/low/off switch. So, that must indicate x-overs? I'm guessing I would switch it to the low setting for these Peerless while connected to the front output rca's.
As for the head unit, the subwoofer output is separate from front and rear outputs.
Also, I have this puppy not being utilized. Should I try using it, or is it unnecessary? It was given to me a long time ago. I think it's fairly old.

As for the head unit, the subwoofer output is separate from front and rear outputs.
Also, I have this puppy not being utilized. Should I try using it, or is it unnecessary? It was given to me a long time ago. I think it's fairly old.

Sorry to jump in the middle here but I'm looking to do the same thing and I have a few questions.
Do I need 2 8s or one? When you mount them in the doors will they be sealed like in a box? Will it be better to build a box for them or does it reallty matter?
I was looking at these MB Quarts
http://www.woofersetc.com/index.cfm?fus ... ct_ID=3774
You can get them in 2 or 4 ohm DVCs so there are a ton of options to hook them up.
Also http://www.woofersetc.com/index.cfm?fus ... ct_ID=4571
And RE Audio RE8
I have 9 PPI Power Class amps laying around so I think I should put them to good use.
Do I need 2 8s or one? When you mount them in the doors will they be sealed like in a box? Will it be better to build a box for them or does it reallty matter?
I was looking at these MB Quarts
http://www.woofersetc.com/index.cfm?fus ... ct_ID=3774
You can get them in 2 or 4 ohm DVCs so there are a ton of options to hook them up.
Also http://www.woofersetc.com/index.cfm?fus ... ct_ID=4571
And RE Audio RE8
I have 9 PPI Power Class amps laying around so I think I should put them to good use.