Attention all members!
Have a cool ride? Then show it off on our website! All vehicles welcome!

Search found 9 matches

by sust man
Fri Mar 25, 2005 11:49 am
Forum: Head Units
Topic: 6.5V preouts cause problems for some amps?
Replies: 17
Views: 7921

If you think the Xenon amps are not as good as the old ones, check out this thread. http://soundoff.phoenixgold.com/viewtop ... 0+4+review
by sust man
Thu Mar 24, 2005 9:03 pm
Forum: Head Units
Topic: 6.5V preouts cause problems for some amps?
Replies: 17
Views: 7921

Wow, umm...no? i wouldn't even almost put PG on the same level as JL. Were not comparing Boss to JL, were comparing two very good quality amplifiers. My whole point was, if there is much difference between the two, it sure as hell isnt worth an extra 30% in price. If your goal is to have the absolu...
by sust man
Thu Mar 24, 2005 1:45 pm
Forum: Head Units
Topic: What Headunit?
Replies: 7
Views: 3582

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... eName=WDVW
Best choice at a little over 300. It has everything you are looking for, and it is the only deck that you will find with and 11 band eq built in.
by sust man
Thu Mar 24, 2005 1:41 pm
Forum: Car Audio Discussion
Topic: engine noise just now showed up?
Replies: 4
Views: 2413

Figured out my problem. The crappy amps I bought from acaraudio both had problems, so I sent them back and got new ones. What happened, was that one of the crappy amps blew out my head unit's rca ground. What I did was I wrapped a wire around the outside of one of the headunit's rca outs, and the ot...
by sust man
Thu Mar 24, 2005 11:44 am
Forum: Head Units
Topic: 6.5V preouts cause problems for some amps?
Replies: 17
Views: 7921

By the way, go with the Phoenix Gold. The JL is good, but not any better than the PG which costs a lot less. About $250 less at sonicelectronix. If you think you will get an extra 250 dollars worth of sound from the JL, you are nuts. http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_2749.html.
by sust man
Thu Mar 24, 2005 11:41 am
Forum: Head Units
Topic: 6.5V preouts cause problems for some amps?
Replies: 17
Views: 7921

I own a x600.1 and an x100.4 with that same headunit. The gains are turned up about half way, and I still dont get distortion at max volume. I believe the gains go from .2v to 8v.
by sust man
Tue Mar 22, 2005 9:15 pm
Forum: Car Audio Discussion
Topic: what online stores do you buy from?
Replies: 12
Views: 6271

Unless you count ebay, I believe Sonicelectronix is by far the best source for stereo equipment. You can order off of their site, but I prefer to order from them through ebay "buy it now" so that I can leave feedback. Companies like them which do large volume are not going to screw their c...
by sust man
Tue Mar 22, 2005 1:18 pm
Forum: Car Audio Discussion
Topic: engine noise just now showed up?
Replies: 4
Views: 2413

Head unit ground, or amp ground? Like I said, if I hook up my portable straight to the amp, there is no noise w/ the car running.
by sust man
Tue Mar 22, 2005 12:58 pm
Forum: Car Audio Discussion
Topic: engine noise just now showed up?
Replies: 4
Views: 2413

engine noise just now showed up?

I have an 02 TL. I had a complete system professionally installed, including a deck, 4 speakers, 2 subs, 4 ch amp, and 2ch amp. Originally, I had the 2 fronts hooked up to the 4 channel for about a week (didnt have time to do the rears or subs). No engine noise, and it sounded great. The audio shop ...