Attention all members!
Have a cool ride? Then show it off on our website! All vehicles welcome!
Have a cool ride? Then show it off on our website! All vehicles welcome!
6.5V preouts cause problems for some amps?
6.5V preouts cause problems for some amps?
I was planing to pick up a Premier 860mp which has 6.5V preouts. And I was thinking about getting a JL 1000/1 or a Phoenix Gold Xenon X1200.1. how do I know if they amps will work well being powered by 6.5V preouts. I've heard that can be bad. Are there any Amps you would recomend?
- William from NOLA
- Posts: 5172
- Joined: Tue Oct 05, 2004 8:00 am
- Location: Metairie, LA
- Contact:
By the way, go with the Phoenix Gold. The JL is good, but not any better than the PG which costs a lot less. About $250 less at sonicelectronix. If you think you will get an extra 250 dollars worth of sound from the JL, you are nuts. http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_2749.html.
-
Justin from Detroit1
- Junior Member
- Posts: 0
- Joined: Wed Dec 31, 1969 6:00 pm
- Location: Detroit
Wow, umm...no? i wouldn't even almost put PG on the same level as JL.sust man wrote:By the way, go with the Phoenix Gold. The JL is good, but not any better than the PG which costs a lot less. About $250 less at sonicelectronix. If you think you will get an extra 250 dollars worth of sound from the JL, you are nuts. http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_2749.html.
Were not comparing Boss to JL, were comparing two very good quality amplifiers. My whole point was, if there is much difference between the two, it sure as hell isnt worth an extra 30% in price. If your goal is to have the absolute best money-is-no-object stereo system, then buy the JL. The new Chevy Corvette beat the new 911 in a comparison test done by Motor Trend recently. Why is this relevant? Same idea - neither one can outperform the other by much, so it may not be worth the extra $30,000 for the "Porsche" nameplate to most people.Justin from Detroit wrote:Wow, umm...no? i wouldn't even almost put PG on the same level as JL.
-
kevinberry1
- Senior Member
- Posts: 638
- Joined: Fri Feb 18, 2005 7:21 pm
- Location: Omaha, NE
Your analogy of the Porshe and Corvette may have more merrit if the newer Corvette wasn't better than the older models :)
My point is that PG doesn't produce the quality of amplifiers that they did in the mid 90's, so the JL is really in a higher class.
For the record, I would go with the PG as well because I can't see spending that much more, but if money were no object I would get the JL. It becomes a matter of balancing preferences with finances
My point is that PG doesn't produce the quality of amplifiers that they did in the mid 90's, so the JL is really in a higher class.
For the record, I would go with the PG as well because I can't see spending that much more, but if money were no object I would get the JL. It becomes a matter of balancing preferences with finances
If you think the Xenon amps are not as good as the old ones, check out this thread. http://soundoff.phoenixgold.com/viewtop ... 0+4+review
-
Renegadesrun
- Member
- Posts: 46
- Joined: Wed Oct 06, 2004 4:00 am
- Location: Indiana
- Contact: