Attention all members!
Have a cool ride? Then show it off on our website! All vehicles welcome!

I got a new K&N air filter for free...SO???

Post a reply

Confirmation code
Enter the code exactly as it appears. All letters are case insensitive.
Smilies
:awesome: :argh :ditto :inout :words :bow :cheers: :bigwink: :fing02: :sad017: :scorp: :o :D ;) :p :unwell028 :tongue017 :thumbsup :surprised :sm29: :angry011: :angry015: :angry012: :nono: :angry010: :nono :banghead :mad: :dif :angry :CRZ_13: :eek: :confused: :confused0 :confused :( :sad: :cool: :dance :mecry: :jesterlol :embarrass :flame: :doh :evil019: :evil001: :rolleyes: :sub:
View more smilies

BBCode is ON
[img] is ON
[url] is ON
Smilies are ON

Topic review
   

Expand view Topic review: I got a new K&N air filter for free...SO???

by MobileAudio219 » Mon Aug 07, 2006 7:33 am

cargodz wrote:Although don't look for any mpg gains if you keep stomping it to hear the growl :p
Ahhh, why not? :surprised

I usually drive pretty easy...

by cargodz » Mon Aug 07, 2006 3:00 am

Although don't look for any mpg gains if you keep stomping it to hear the growl :p

by yowzatheman » Sun Aug 06, 2006 8:27 pm

i think k&n's are good. give my car more mpg thats for sure

by MobileAudio219 » Sun Aug 06, 2006 6:31 pm

GlassWolf wrote:I didn't edit the title. I only change titles of threads to correct spelling and such.
Anyway, K&N filters are foam as opposed to OE paper ones. they flow better, and if oiled properly, will catch finer particles of debris.
good filters, and they will improve overall engine efficiency etc but don't expect there to be any real noticeable difference.
Yeah, no real noticable difference in power. I hoping for a slight increase in mpg, I guess we'll see...

When I made this post I was sooo tired I was literly falling asleep... Since then I've gotten about 3 hours of sleep... I'm about to kill over...

by GlassWolf » Sun Aug 06, 2006 6:13 pm

I didn't edit the title. I only change titles of threads to correct spelling and such.

Anyway, K&N filters are foam as opposed to OE paper ones. they flow better, and if oiled properly, will catch finer particles of debris.
good filters, and they will improve overall engine efficiency etc but don't expect there to be any real noticeable difference.

by MobileAudio219 » Sun Aug 06, 2006 3:33 pm

Darthness wrote:oh ok. i thoguht you were going for more of that. i kind of like blazers made for offroad type of stuff.. mudding like you hae shown there. i don't like the dropped dlook and all that stuff on the older blazers.
I've loved the 1st gen blazers ever since I was a wittle bitty boi...

It has taken me FORVER to find a blazer meeting the exact specs that I wanted.
It had to be a first gen that was in really good shape (no rust and a straight body). It had to be a 2 door and a 2wd... And it had to be a 4.3 with a 5 speed...

When I first found it I got a.... Well lets just say i was excited. :happy055:

I already have major plans for this one, I might pick up another 1st gen to use as a daily, if I do that I'll probably get a 4x4....

by Darthness » Sun Aug 06, 2006 3:01 pm

oh ok. i thoguht you were going for more of that. i kind of like blazers made for offroad type of stuff.. mudding like you hae shown there. i don't like the dropped dlook and all that stuff on the older blazers.

http://www.kcclassicauto.com/dgierman/93typhoonside.JPG

by MobileAudio219 » Sun Aug 06, 2006 2:29 pm

Darthness wrote:no someone added it...
Hmm, but who?

The truck is a 2wd, I was just bored and decided to see what would happen if I tried to go through it. I've got video's of my cousin 4x4 jimmy stuck in it, but I guess it all has to do with the driver because I could stop in it and make it out after a little rockin...

It's going to get bigger rims (16" or 17"), but with lower profile tires and a 2/3 drop... Going with for a street truck type of look influenced heavily but the gmc typhoon... It'll probably have a 355 or or a 383 tbi v8 before next summer...

Image

Image

Yeah, they'll be no more of this.Image

by Darthness » Sun Aug 06, 2006 1:42 pm

no someone added it...

by MobileAudio219 » Sun Aug 06, 2006 9:35 am

Ryan from Ohio wrote:I dropped a KN in my 95 Z34 I had.
My gas mileage improved by about 15-20 miles per tank, the car had better acceleration (slightly noticeable) and I liked the fact this was the last air filter I had to buy!
SO ya it cost me $450 with the cleaning kit, but hey every 6 months I cleaned it and it was like new :D
Did you add the SO??? to the thread title? :surprised :angry15:

Or maybe I was just that tired when I posted this... am I going crazy?

Top