Attention all members!
Have a cool ride? Then show it off on our website! All vehicles welcome!

Popping sound and hiss

Post a reply

Confirmation code
Enter the code exactly as it appears. All letters are case insensitive.
Smilies
:awesome: :argh :ditto :inout :words :bow :cheers: :bigwink: :fing02: :sad017: :scorp: :o :D ;) :p :unwell028 :tongue017 :thumbsup :surprised :sm29: :angry011: :angry015: :angry012: :nono: :angry010: :nono :banghead :mad: :dif :angry :CRZ_13: :eek: :confused: :confused0 :confused :( :sad: :cool: :dance :mecry: :jesterlol :embarrass :flame: :doh :evil019: :evil001: :rolleyes: :sub:
View more smilies

BBCode is ON
[img] is ON
[url] is ON
Smilies are ON

Topic review
   

Expand view Topic review: Popping sound and hiss

by dynome » Thu Apr 06, 2006 9:05 pm

Thanks everyone!!!! Sounds killer now!

by Jonathan » Thu Apr 06, 2006 6:12 pm

RCA shield didn't have a good ground. Seems to be common with those units for whatever reason.

by solacedagony » Thu Apr 06, 2006 5:46 pm

So what happened was your HU didn't have a proper ground? Or just your RCA jacks? And how did you know what places to solder together to make sure you have a good ground?

by Jonathan » Thu Apr 06, 2006 4:44 pm

What'd I tell you? ;)

by dynome » Thu Apr 06, 2006 4:26 pm

Ya! It works! A little soldering and sounds awesome. I reran the RCA afterwards just for good measure and also grounded the HU to a ground I know will be good. Here's what I did. It's the red wires...

Image

Image

Image

Image

by dynome » Fri Mar 31, 2006 8:51 pm

yup it works....slightly actually. I just slipped 1 strand of wire under each of the outer parts of the rca and it cut down probly like 90% on the pop so I think if I just got a better ground on there it will eliminate it. Took everything apart and am going to rerun rca and power wire I think.

by GlassWolf » Fri Mar 31, 2006 1:36 pm

give it a try!

by dynome » Fri Mar 31, 2006 12:01 pm

well, that inner pin definately hasn't touched anything. I am assuming that if I ground the outer part, it will work then...

by GlassWolf » Fri Mar 31, 2006 4:10 am

the problem isn't the outer edge grounding, it's that center pin. if that grounds out behind the radio when it's not protected by an RCA cable, or a plastic/rubber plug, that's what kills the head init's circuit board.

by dynome » Thu Mar 30, 2006 5:08 pm

GlassWolf, what about this?

http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showthrea ... ng+rca%27s

Which way is it? Ground that outer connection or don't?

Top