Attention all members!
Have a cool ride? Then show it off on our website! All vehicles welcome!

Popping sound and hiss

All questions related to amplifier installation and troubleshooting.
dynome
Junior Member
Posts: 23
Joined: Tue Mar 28, 2006 8:16 pm
Location: Waverly, Iowa

Post by dynome »

yup it works....slightly actually. I just slipped 1 strand of wire under each of the outer parts of the rca and it cut down probly like 90% on the pop so I think if I just got a better ground on there it will eliminate it. Took everything apart and am going to rerun rca and power wire I think.
dynome
Junior Member
Posts: 23
Joined: Tue Mar 28, 2006 8:16 pm
Location: Waverly, Iowa

Post by dynome »

Ya! It works! A little soldering and sounds awesome. I reran the RCA afterwards just for good measure and also grounded the HU to a ground I know will be good. Here's what I did. It's the red wires...

Image

Image

Image

Image
Jonathan
Master of My Domain
Posts: 1775
Joined: Sun Jan 09, 2005 5:44 pm
Location: Georgia

Post by Jonathan »

What'd I tell you? ;)
solacedagony
Master of My Domain
Posts: 2171
Joined: Mon Nov 29, 2004 9:34 am
Location: Phillipsburg, NJ
Contact:

Post by solacedagony »

So what happened was your HU didn't have a proper ground? Or just your RCA jacks? And how did you know what places to solder together to make sure you have a good ground?
Jonathan
Master of My Domain
Posts: 1775
Joined: Sun Jan 09, 2005 5:44 pm
Location: Georgia

Post by Jonathan »

RCA shield didn't have a good ground. Seems to be common with those units for whatever reason.
dynome
Junior Member
Posts: 23
Joined: Tue Mar 28, 2006 8:16 pm
Location: Waverly, Iowa

Post by dynome »

Thanks everyone!!!! Sounds killer now!
Post Reply