Attention all members!
Have a cool ride? Then show it off on our website! All vehicles welcome!

18SX Vid

Post a reply

Confirmation code
Enter the code exactly as it appears. All letters are case insensitive.
Smilies
:awesome: :argh :ditto :inout :words :bow :cheers: :bigwink: :fing02: :sad017: :scorp: :o :D ;) :p :unwell028 :tongue017 :thumbsup :surprised :sm29: :angry011: :angry015: :angry012: :nono: :angry010: :nono :banghead :mad: :dif :angry :CRZ_13: :eek: :confused: :confused0 :confused :( :sad: :cool: :dance :mecry: :jesterlol :embarrass :flame: :doh :evil019: :evil001: :rolleyes: :sub:
View more smilies

BBCode is ON
[img] is ON
[url] is ON
Smilies are ON

Topic review
   

Expand view Topic review: 18SX Vid

by spkrman » Fri Jan 13, 2006 5:50 am

audiobass10 wrote:I made a quick vid just for shits and giggles..check it out..
http://media.putfile.com/Picture-077
lets get some hair goin!!!!

by spkrman » Fri Jan 13, 2006 5:38 am

The gains you get from dynamat/bracing panels will vary infinitely. The vehicle, the direction things are firing, and the note you are playing will determine what works best.

Some gain over a db from bracing certain panels... some gain 0, some lose over a db. You dont know until you test it, but I suggest not touching anything until you know for sure. Flex isn't always a bad thing - including on the box :)

by sinister audio » Tue Jan 10, 2006 5:49 am

ya well it hasnt showed up yet but he would get over 20dbs from that far away. might get 30 if a semi drives by.

by Bwcad1 » Mon Jan 09, 2006 8:03 pm

i have a mic also but hes about 1200 miles away from me and about 2500 from devin lol

by MobileAudio219 » Mon Jan 09, 2006 7:52 pm

audiobass10 wrote:Yup..something I need to test on a meter..that I don't have access to at this piont lol.

Hey, didnt sinister just get a mic? :D

by audiobass10 » Mon Jan 09, 2006 2:48 pm

William from NOLA wrote:I wouldn't do both. I laid on my roof and had someone hold my back hatch, I didn't gain any, actually lost a little bit with the back hatch held.
However, one or the other, it would be close. I believe laying the roof gained the most.
I'm sure this is case by case though.
Yup..something I need to test on a meter..that I don't have access to at this piont lol.

by William from NOLA » Mon Jan 09, 2006 2:37 pm

I wouldn't do both. I laid on my roof and had someone hold my back hatch, I didn't gain any, actually lost a little bit with the back hatch held.

However, one or the other, it would be close. I believe laying the roof gained the most.

I'm sure this is case by case though.

by Bwcad1 » Mon Jan 09, 2006 2:18 pm

lol the guys at the meca soundfest said to not push on the doors? i was like wtf? even ryan said the same thing. im gonna lay on my roof next time 2 im getting about 1-1.5 inches of flex in the roof

by audiobass10 » Mon Jan 09, 2006 2:11 pm

William from NOLA wrote:You will want to stop that for competitions :) . When I had my van, I laid on my roof and gained .6 dB's.
Yup..My roof flexes major..I'll have someone lay on the roof and somebody pusing in the doors.

by William from NOLA » Sun Jan 08, 2006 10:10 pm

audiobass10 wrote: I've got some nice roof and door flex as well. :happy013:
You will want to stop that for competitions :) . When I had my van, I laid on my roof and gained .6 dB's.

Top