Attention all members!
Have a cool ride? Then show it off on our website! All vehicles welcome!

Kicker L7

Post a reply

Confirmation code
Enter the code exactly as it appears. All letters are case insensitive.
Smilies
:awesome: :argh :ditto :inout :words :bow :cheers: :bigwink: :fing02: :sad017: :scorp: :o :D ;) :p :unwell028 :tongue017 :thumbsup :surprised :sm29: :angry011: :angry015: :angry012: :nono: :angry010: :nono :banghead :mad: :dif :angry :CRZ_13: :eek: :confused: :confused0 :confused :( :sad: :cool: :dance :mecry: :jesterlol :embarrass :flame: :doh :evil019: :evil001: :rolleyes: :sub:
View more smilies

BBCode is ON
[img] is ON
[url] is ON
Smilies are ON

Topic review
   

Expand view Topic review: Kicker L7

by Tim » Sun Feb 22, 2009 6:19 am

Justin from Detroit wrote:I wouldn't even consider buying it since he obviously has run it off only one of the voice coils. That's why you gotta be careful buying used equipment, it is amazing what people do with audio.

Yeah I aint gonna buy it. Like I said I dont need it. But it does kinda speak volumes for his work, as he installs on the side also.
Ryan from Ohio wrote:Only explanation would be he is hooking one coil up opposite the other. So while ones trying to push, the other is trying to pull.
Bwcad1 wrote:They are wired out of phase guaranteed
Me and another guy at work came up with the same explanation. we thought the same thing.

Thanks dudes,

tim

by Bwcad1 » Sat Feb 21, 2009 9:26 pm

They are wired out of phase guaranteed

by Justin from Detroit1 » Sat Feb 21, 2009 6:43 pm

I wouldn't even consider buying it since he obviously has run it off only one of the voice coils. That's why you gotta be careful buying used equipment, it is amazing what people do with audio.

by Ryan from Ohio » Sat Feb 21, 2009 5:53 pm

Only explanation would be he is hooking one coil up opposite the other. So while ones trying to push, the other is trying to pull.

Kicker L7

by Tim » Sat Feb 21, 2009 5:44 pm

Okay gang, got one for ya. Buddy of mine at work, approached me the other day says hes got a L7 for sale. Heres the kicker(no pun intended).


He said when you hook it up, if you wire one voicecoil at a time (either one makes no difference). It plays fine, but when you wire both coils up at the same time there is a noticeable loss of bass.

So to sum up either coil hooked up by itself it pounds, both coils hooked up. Hardly no bass at all.

His amp is around a 600 watt(no specifics).

I dont want/need the L7 I was just curious what the deal is with it.

Tim

Top