Okay gang, got one for ya. Buddy of mine at work, approached me the other day says hes got a L7 for sale. Heres the kicker(no pun intended).
He said when you hook it up, if you wire one voicecoil at a time (either one makes no difference). It plays fine, but when you wire both coils up at the same time there is a noticeable loss of bass.
So to sum up either coil hooked up by itself it pounds, both coils hooked up. Hardly no bass at all.
His amp is around a 600 watt(no specifics).
I dont want/need the L7 I was just curious what the deal is with it.
Tim
Attention all members!
Have a cool ride? Then show it off on our website! All vehicles welcome!
Have a cool ride? Then show it off on our website! All vehicles welcome!
Kicker L7
Kicker L7
"The opinions expressed in the preceding post are purely an opinion and not meant to be used as a reference. So if you screw something up because of something I said I will not and can not be held responsible". Thank you for understanding.
Tim Strong
http://upscaleaudiodesigns.webs.com/
Email: [email protected]
X-box Live Gamertag:quad drpr
Tim Strong
http://upscaleaudiodesigns.webs.com/
Email: [email protected]
X-box Live Gamertag:quad drpr
-
Ryan from Ohio
- Posts: 13308
- Joined: Fri Mar 17, 2000 12:00 pm
- Contact:
Only explanation would be he is hooking one coil up opposite the other. So while ones trying to push, the other is trying to pull.
-Ryan
www.caraudiocentral.net - Your #1 Car Audio Resource on the Net!
www.caraudiocentral.net - Your #1 Car Audio Resource on the Net!
-
Justin from Detroit1
- Junior Member
- Posts: 0
- Joined: Wed Dec 31, 1969 6:00 pm
- Location: Detroit
Justin from Detroit wrote:I wouldn't even consider buying it since he obviously has run it off only one of the voice coils. That's why you gotta be careful buying used equipment, it is amazing what people do with audio.
Yeah I aint gonna buy it. Like I said I dont need it. But it does kinda speak volumes for his work, as he installs on the side also.
Ryan from Ohio wrote:Only explanation would be he is hooking one coil up opposite the other. So while ones trying to push, the other is trying to pull.
Me and another guy at work came up with the same explanation. we thought the same thing.Bwcad1 wrote:They are wired out of phase guaranteed
Thanks dudes,
tim
"The opinions expressed in the preceding post are purely an opinion and not meant to be used as a reference. So if you screw something up because of something I said I will not and can not be held responsible". Thank you for understanding.
Tim Strong
http://upscaleaudiodesigns.webs.com/
Email: [email protected]
X-box Live Gamertag:quad drpr
Tim Strong
http://upscaleaudiodesigns.webs.com/
Email: [email protected]
X-box Live Gamertag:quad drpr

