Attention all members!
Have a cool ride? Then show it off on our website! All vehicles welcome!

Kicker L7

All speaker/sub woofer related questions.
Tim
Master of My Domain
Posts: 1886
Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2007 8:46 pm
Location: 1060 W. Addison

Kicker L7

Post by Tim »

Okay gang, got one for ya. Buddy of mine at work, approached me the other day says hes got a L7 for sale. Heres the kicker(no pun intended).


He said when you hook it up, if you wire one voicecoil at a time (either one makes no difference). It plays fine, but when you wire both coils up at the same time there is a noticeable loss of bass.

So to sum up either coil hooked up by itself it pounds, both coils hooked up. Hardly no bass at all.

His amp is around a 600 watt(no specifics).

I dont want/need the L7 I was just curious what the deal is with it.

Tim
"The opinions expressed in the preceding post are purely an opinion and not meant to be used as a reference. So if you screw something up because of something I said I will not and can not be held responsible". Thank you for understanding.
Tim Strong
http://upscaleaudiodesigns.webs.com/
Email: [email protected]
X-box Live Gamertag:quad drpr
Ryan from Ohio
Posts: 13308
Joined: Fri Mar 17, 2000 12:00 pm
Contact:

Post by Ryan from Ohio »

Only explanation would be he is hooking one coil up opposite the other. So while ones trying to push, the other is trying to pull.
-Ryan
www.caraudiocentral.net - Your #1 Car Audio Resource on the Net!
Justin from Detroit1
Junior Member
Posts: 0
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 1969 6:00 pm
Location: Detroit

Post by Justin from Detroit1 »

I wouldn't even consider buying it since he obviously has run it off only one of the voice coils. That's why you gotta be careful buying used equipment, it is amazing what people do with audio.
Bwcad1
Master of My Domain
Posts: 9312
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2005 11:00 am
Location: Ohio

Post by Bwcad1 »

They are wired out of phase guaranteed
ImageImage


ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Tim
Master of My Domain
Posts: 1886
Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2007 8:46 pm
Location: 1060 W. Addison

Post by Tim »

Justin from Detroit wrote:I wouldn't even consider buying it since he obviously has run it off only one of the voice coils. That's why you gotta be careful buying used equipment, it is amazing what people do with audio.

Yeah I aint gonna buy it. Like I said I dont need it. But it does kinda speak volumes for his work, as he installs on the side also.
Ryan from Ohio wrote:Only explanation would be he is hooking one coil up opposite the other. So while ones trying to push, the other is trying to pull.
Bwcad1 wrote:They are wired out of phase guaranteed
Me and another guy at work came up with the same explanation. we thought the same thing.

Thanks dudes,

tim
"The opinions expressed in the preceding post are purely an opinion and not meant to be used as a reference. So if you screw something up because of something I said I will not and can not be held responsible". Thank you for understanding.
Tim Strong
http://upscaleaudiodesigns.webs.com/
Email: [email protected]
X-box Live Gamertag:quad drpr
Post Reply