Attention all members!
Have a cool ride? Then show it off on our website! All vehicles welcome!

Clarion Center Channel

Post a reply

Confirmation code
Enter the code exactly as it appears. All letters are case insensitive.
Smilies
:awesome: :argh :ditto :inout :words :bow :cheers: :bigwink: :fing02: :sad017: :scorp: :o :D ;) :p :unwell028 :tongue017 :thumbsup :surprised :sm29: :angry011: :angry015: :angry012: :nono: :angry010: :nono :banghead :mad: :dif :angry :CRZ_13: :eek: :confused: :confused0 :confused :( :sad: :cool: :dance :mecry: :jesterlol :embarrass :flame: :doh :evil019: :evil001: :rolleyes: :sub:
View more smilies

BBCode is ON
[img] is ON
[url] is ON
Smilies are ON

Topic review
   

Expand view Topic review: Clarion Center Channel

by NorthQuad » Thu Jul 17, 2008 3:19 pm

dayum... this shoit can get complicated.

by JeremyC » Tue Jul 15, 2008 11:29 am

Its a matter of what their motor is designed for. The peerless are designed for infinite baffle, and yes you do need to sound dampen the door and seel it off the best you can.

Look at the install pics from my car, and you will see a picture of how I prepped my doors.

by tomcat » Tue Jul 15, 2008 11:17 am

Ok then if I go with the Peerless do they need to be in a box or do the doors provide enough of a seal? And would one way be better than another?

by JeremyC » Tue Jul 15, 2008 10:24 am

tomcat you can do it with one or two, thats all up to you.

Don't waist your money on one of the ones you listed. The seas and peerless are 1/2 the price, and are way better drivers.

Northquad the x-over that came with your 6.5s only works to blend the mid and the tweet. It doesn't do anything to protect the mid from receiving to low a freq.

Search the forum for info on x-overs. I have done a few post about how they work, and what they do.

Also check http://www.bcae.com there is a ton of info about x-overs and stuff there.

Ok I looked up your deck and it doesn't have a built in x-over, except fo the sub out.

So we will have to use your amps.

For now set your sub amp to 80 hettz or below LPF and your 6.5s at 80 or higher HPF. If either of the amps give you a choice for 12 or 24 db set them both to 24.

Once you get the 8s in, you will want to raise your 6.5s to around 300 herts,

Set the subs to 60 LPF

The mid bass to 80 HPF and we will need a second x-over to set at 250 LPF

Now we just need to find you a x-over.

by NorthQuad » Tue Jul 15, 2008 8:44 am

Haha, ok, I'll keep the fultron buried.

The deck is a Panasonic CQ-DFX983U. I'm not sure if it has internal x-overs. It has high definition bass options and choices between 80-120hz for the sub or something like that.

And I'll make the switch to high for the 6.5's. Thanks for the tip. I thought the crossover that came with the 6.5's would handle all the... well... whatever crossovers do.

by tomcat » Tue Jul 15, 2008 8:29 am

Sorry to jump in the middle here but I'm looking to do the same thing and I have a few questions.
Do I need 2 8s or one? When you mount them in the doors will they be sealed like in a box? Will it be better to build a box for them or does it reallty matter?

I was looking at these MB Quarts
http://www.woofersetc.com/index.cfm?fus ... ct_ID=3774
You can get them in 2 or 4 ohm DVCs so there are a ton of options to hook them up.

Also http://www.woofersetc.com/index.cfm?fus ... ct_ID=4571

And RE Audio RE8

I have 9 PPI Power Class amps laying around so I think I should put them to good use.

by JeremyC » Tue Jul 15, 2008 8:02 am

fultron? LOL I would pass for now.

ok what deck do you have, and does it have an internal x-over

oh and turn the hpf to on, and set it about 80 to 120 for your 6.5s. They will thank you.

by NorthQuad » Tue Jul 15, 2008 7:56 am

Oh, sorry, and I have the amp for the 6.5's on the off switch. Neither high or low. And the subwoofer amp direct to the sub output.

by NorthQuad » Tue Jul 15, 2008 7:52 am

Well, the amps have the high/low/off switch. So, that must indicate x-overs? I'm guessing I would switch it to the low setting for these Peerless while connected to the front output rca's.

As for the head unit, the subwoofer output is separate from front and rear outputs.

Also, I have this puppy not being utilized. Should I try using it, or is it unnecessary? It was given to me a long time ago. I think it's fairly old.

Image

by JeremyC » Tue Jul 15, 2008 7:29 am

Yeah I kept forgetting to ask you what x-overs you have. I'm guessing your deck has a x-over and your amps have x-overs right?

So what x-overs are you using, and how are each of them set.

These speakers will be a little different than every thing your running now. You will need to low pass and hi pass them (also known as bandpass) So they won't be playing words, and they won't be playing the same freqs as your subs.

But lets get to all that once I know the rest of your setup.

Top