Page 1 of 1
Super components
Posted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 3:42 pm
by nist7
Alright, this is the response to the "super sub" thread.
ADS 345/346cs
Boston Acoustics Z6/Z5
CDT ES
DLS Iridium
DynAudio System 360
Focal Utopia
Rainbow Platinum Line
I'm sure there are many more.
Posted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 3:56 pm
by GlassWolf
Anything DynAudio
Rainbow Reference line
Morel Elate and Hybrid components
Diamond Hex
KEF Kar components with Uni-Q tweeters
Posted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 7:41 pm
by Jonathan
I'm liking the Dynaudio 240 Esotar set at the current moment. Tweeter is heaven :)
Adire Audio Kodas
Oz Audio Matrix
Rainbow (Profi line and above)
Haven't heard the Alpine F#1 Status set yet, but built on Scanspeak drivers, so they can't be a bad thing. At least I'd hope not for the price.
Posted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 7:44 pm
by audiofreak12
Are the RE XXX mids and the RE components good enough to make it on the list?
Posted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 7:46 pm
by audiobass10
audiofreak12 wrote:Are the RE XXX mids and the RE components good enough to make it on the list?
Sure why not. The XXX mids sound VERY promising. I've heard great things about the RE series components as well. Like "bang for buck sub" list...it's all a matter of opinion so anything's fair game within reason. :)
Posted: Wed Mar 23, 2005 7:40 am
by smoker
mb quart 218.61 q
these things rock
as do these
jl audio xr650's
i actually like the jl set better
and just to cruise down memory lane how about 15 years or so ago the rockford fosgate pro series components? they were awesome you had to buy each speaker seperately as well as the crossovers but talk about options........
Posted: Wed Mar 23, 2005 8:40 am
by William from NOLA
Jonathan wrote:Haven't heard the Alpine F#1 Status set yet, but built on Scanspeak drivers, so they can't be a bad thing. At least I'd hope not for the price.
I've read that they are some great speakers. People seem to rank them very high. I've even seen one guy prefer them over Rainbow Reference... kinda crazy. I'd personally rather have Rainbow Reference because not everyone and their mother has them :) .
Posted: Wed Mar 23, 2005 6:36 pm
by Jonathan
"I'd personally rather have Rainbow Reference because not everyone and their mother has them ."
Me too. I love Rainbows stuff. The lifetime warranty isn't a bad thing either.
Posted: Wed Mar 23, 2005 7:46 pm
by f-onefifty
in that case add kodas, cdt's comps with those hybrid xovers are wicked too.