Attention all members!
Have a cool ride? Then show it off on our website! All vehicles welcome!

Super components

Post all your general car audio questions here.
nist7
Senior Member
Posts: 213
Joined: Tue Feb 08, 2005 2:55 pm
Location: Kansas City, MO
Contact:

Super components

Post by nist7 »

Alright, this is the response to the "super sub" thread.

ADS 345/346cs
Boston Acoustics Z6/Z5
CDT ES
DLS Iridium
DynAudio System 360
Focal Utopia
Rainbow Platinum Line

I'm sure there are many more.
User avatar
GlassWolf
Master of My Domain
Posts: 6725
Joined: Thu Oct 07, 2004 4:00 am
Location: Columbia, SC
Contact:

Post by GlassWolf »

Anything DynAudio
Rainbow Reference line
Morel Elate and Hybrid components
Diamond Hex
KEF Kar components with Uni-Q tweeters
Image
GlassWolf (aka KikiTheCat)
moderator-administrator
Jonathan
Master of My Domain
Posts: 1775
Joined: Sun Jan 09, 2005 5:44 pm
Location: Georgia

Post by Jonathan »

I'm liking the Dynaudio 240 Esotar set at the current moment. Tweeter is heaven :)
Adire Audio Kodas
Oz Audio Matrix
Rainbow (Profi line and above)
Haven't heard the Alpine F#1 Status set yet, but built on Scanspeak drivers, so they can't be a bad thing. At least I'd hope not for the price.
audiofreak12
Senior Member
Posts: 242
Joined: Mon Dec 27, 2004 6:32 pm
Location: Missouri

Post by audiofreak12 »

Are the RE XXX mids and the RE components good enough to make it on the list?
audiobass10
Master of My Domain
Posts: 1076
Joined: Thu Oct 07, 2004 8:00 am
Location: Cape Coral, Florida

Post by audiobass10 »

audiofreak12 wrote:Are the RE XXX mids and the RE components good enough to make it on the list?
Sure why not. The XXX mids sound VERY promising. I've heard great things about the RE series components as well. Like "bang for buck sub" list...it's all a matter of opinion so anything's fair game within reason. :)
smoker
Master of My Domain
Posts: 4126
Joined: Tue Mar 15, 2005 9:00 am
Location: florence, ky
Contact:

Post by smoker »

mb quart 218.61 q
these things rock
as do these
jl audio xr650's
i actually like the jl set better
and just to cruise down memory lane how about 15 years or so ago the rockford fosgate pro series components? they were awesome you had to buy each speaker seperately as well as the crossovers but talk about options........
User avatar
William from NOLA
Posts: 5172
Joined: Tue Oct 05, 2004 8:00 am
Location: Metairie, LA
Contact:

Post by William from NOLA »

Jonathan wrote:Haven't heard the Alpine F#1 Status set yet, but built on Scanspeak drivers, so they can't be a bad thing. At least I'd hope not for the price.
I've read that they are some great speakers. People seem to rank them very high. I've even seen one guy prefer them over Rainbow Reference... kinda crazy. I'd personally rather have Rainbow Reference because not everyone and their mother has them :) .
A.K.A. megahurts4 :: Member since: July 19, 2002 :eek:
Jonathan
Master of My Domain
Posts: 1775
Joined: Sun Jan 09, 2005 5:44 pm
Location: Georgia

Post by Jonathan »

"I'd personally rather have Rainbow Reference because not everyone and their mother has them ."
Me too. I love Rainbows stuff. The lifetime warranty isn't a bad thing either.
f-onefifty
Junior Member
Posts: 7
Joined: Wed Mar 23, 2005 5:11 pm

Post by f-onefifty »

in that case add kodas, cdt's comps with those hybrid xovers are wicked too.
Post Reply