Attention all members!
Have a cool ride? Then show it off on our website! All vehicles welcome!

Speaker Placement

All speaker/sub woofer related questions.
thebigo
Senior Member
Posts: 100
Joined: Sun Feb 04, 2007 6:51 am
Location: New Jersey

Speaker Placement

Post by thebigo »

I originally planned to custom mount 5.5in midbass speakers into my doors but I have a serious moisture problem on the inside of my driver door and I don't want to ruin my speakers. Would it sound alright to put the speakers on top of my dash, where the original 4in speakers are (I'm pretty sure I can custom mount them there)? I would also put the tweeters on the pillars. Maybe any other suggestions?
JeremyC
Master of My Domain
Posts: 2329
Joined: Sat Jan 15, 2005 4:13 am
Location: Oklahoma

Post by JeremyC »

Why not get a set of boat speakers to put in there. Kicker, Boston, and a lot of brands make them.

That or do a set of kicks.

Honestly I would stay away from the dash, the reflection off of the windshield can do screwy things to your FR.
falkenbd
Senior Member
Posts: 932
Joined: Tue Nov 20, 2007 8:39 pm
Location: Milwaukee, WI

Post by falkenbd »

how bad of a moisture problem? can't fix it?
thebigo
Senior Member
Posts: 100
Joined: Sun Feb 04, 2007 6:51 am
Location: New Jersey

Post by thebigo »

Well I don't know where the moisture is coming from but whenever it gets below freezing i cant open the driver's side door from the inside unless i blast the heat for about 10 min. And I already bought the speakers, so i don't want to buy another pair.
falkenbd
Senior Member
Posts: 932
Joined: Tue Nov 20, 2007 8:39 pm
Location: Milwaukee, WI

Post by falkenbd »

You might have some bad weatherstripping on the door. Probably the seal that is outside of the window.
cargodz
Master of My Domain
Posts: 4771
Joined: Tue Jul 04, 2006 7:21 am
Location: NW Ohio
Contact:

Post by cargodz »

falkenbd wrote:You might have some bad weatherstripping on the door. Probably the seal that is outside of the window.
That was the first thing that came to mind to me when he said he had to crank up the heat to get the door open.
And as Jeremy mentioned... You could always build kicks.
-Michael
http://www.teamcargodzinc.com :thumbsup
Hear It, See It, Feel It, Punch It!
And Proud Sponsor of
Team Wolf Pack Audio
Authorized Dealer
smoker
Master of My Domain
Posts: 4126
Joined: Tue Mar 15, 2005 9:00 am
Location: florence, ky
Contact:

Post by smoker »

xtc acoustic baffles
Tim
Master of My Domain
Posts: 1886
Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2007 8:46 pm
Location: 1060 W. Addison

Post by Tim »

smoker wrote:xtc acoustic baffles


X2. These baffles are waterproof and you can get them at parts-express.


Tim
thebigo
Senior Member
Posts: 100
Joined: Sun Feb 04, 2007 6:51 am
Location: New Jersey

Post by thebigo »

I heard baffles mess up the sound... do i have to cut a hole in the m or something?
colemanyoungerinalaska
Senior Member
Posts: 806
Joined: Tue Feb 06, 2007 3:26 am
Location: alaska

Post by colemanyoungerinalaska »

depends on the speaker but ive used them and had to cut a hole in them
Post Reply