Attention all members!
Have a cool ride? Then show it off on our website! All vehicles welcome!

Changing wake up (Rant)

Anything not related or doesnt fit another Forum.
cargodz
Master of My Domain
Posts: 4771
Joined: Tue Jul 04, 2006 7:21 am
Location: NW Ohio
Contact:

Changing wake up (Rant)

Post by cargodz »

Well as some of you may remember I have a part time morning job working for Menards (kinda like Lowes and Home Depot). My duties were to go around 4:30- 5:00AM to about 9-10AM and clean the floors. My reasons for this job was for health insurance, but as of lately a lot of things have changed.
It started when they jacked up the price of insurance an additional $60 bucks a week, so I took the money I made there and found cheaper insurance through Anthem (so not all bad), but then they decided to take away my weekend hours (where I made an additional $2.50 per hour) and gave them back (but only for a short period of time). Now they've cut back my weekly hours and to top it off I had to train the kids that have less than 3 months with the company to do my job that they won't let me do because of some stupid company policies... And I've got 2 years there :mad: Why you ask do I have to train them then if they're doing MY job... Because Corporate says that I'm responsible for the equipment (more stupidity).
All in all, I went from bringing home $250plus a week form this job 6 months ago to now having a weekly check of less than $130.00
Oh and did I forget to mention that these kids that I trained are getting paid a dime (10 cents) more an hour than me... Oh but it's O.K. cause the company has rewarded me a dime (10cents) more an hour for my 2 years of service (and yeah after even that the new kids still make a dime more).
So with that I have made up my mind to tell them :angry15: I put in my 2 weeks last Friday and all the managers can say is "I'm Sorry." cause their hands are tied by these stupid policies.
The worse part comes in Today... When I get home I find out 2 of my other customers (other business) are going on extended vacation, so there goes the savings... Not like it was much anyway.

Well if anybody made it through all that... Congrats... If Not, well thanks for being my friends even if you only pretend to listen :p
-Michael
http://www.teamcargodzinc.com :thumbsup
Hear It, See It, Feel It, Punch It!
And Proud Sponsor of
Team Wolf Pack Audio
Authorized Dealer
Ryan from Ohio
Posts: 13308
Joined: Fri Mar 17, 2000 12:00 pm
Contact:

Post by Ryan from Ohio »

Its a huge problem at Menards.

Mike worked with my womans best friend. They pulled the same shit with her. They took her hours and reduced them to the point its not worth working there.

So its not just Mike.

IMO its a company strategy to harass the people taking health insurance, since the company pays part of it. The less people on their health insurance, the less the company pays.

Mike if I was you, just to be a gigantic DICK before you leave, call up the local commercial food & workers Union and have them come in for a vote.

That will shake management up and put them on their knees super fast...
-Ryan
www.caraudiocentral.net - Your #1 Car Audio Resource on the Net!
brtnboarder3241
Senior Member
Posts: 837
Joined: Tue Jul 25, 2006 3:40 pm
Location: saint charles, IL
Contact:

Post by brtnboarder3241 »

mendards can suck my cock
TEAM WOLFPACK AUDIO
refs:
roe: flexxissues , kickerSPL20,
galacticmonkey,KICKERASSMAN,sdelthon,Southpole1989,diablo_331

ca:thunder9500 , CaliforniabOY5(x3),soundblast1,Blunt,Anonymous User,bassboobs16(SCAMMER), jonnybusa,SilverCookie, DubbDesigns, nbudros, Loud01Blazer,alxmlr789,350_regal,
flexxissues,pioneerpimp,volstitan908 and more
RIP PAPPAW MY BEST ONE AND ONLY FISHING BUDDY..CATCH ME A MONSTER IN HEAVEN
This Family Problems Bullshit Excuse Has Got To Go.
http://www.myspace.com/pokahtime
solacedagony
Master of My Domain
Posts: 2171
Joined: Mon Nov 29, 2004 9:34 am
Location: Phillipsburg, NJ
Contact:

Post by solacedagony »

I call lame on Menards' suits for not doing what they can to get you out of that crappy situation. I really don't buy it that they could really do nothing about it.

Anyway, I hope things pick back up for you. Try a local Home Depot or Lowes for similar hours? My Home Depot started pay at a pretty good amount, so you shouldn't lose TOO much on it.
User avatar
William from NOLA
Posts: 5172
Joined: Tue Oct 05, 2004 8:00 am
Location: Metairie, LA
Contact:

Post by William from NOLA »

Right with you there on the health insurance and job stuff.

I worked 7 days a week for about 2 years for the largest radio station here as assistant webmaster, managing basically everything you saw. They kept telling me as soon as I got back from my vacation that I took, they would offer me a full time position. They had already offered me one, but to start at 20,000 even for the first year and up to 23k on the third. I turned that one down long time ago. So I dropped hints about the 2nd one so they won't short change me again.

Long story short, they didn't even offer me anything. I would have been happy with 30+ but instead they offered nothing but the current $10 per hour. Realistically, the job I was doing I should have been paid minimum $45k per year. The national average minimum was $48k.

So now I'm unemployed and finding a job sucks down here. Nobody wants to pay anything and that is if they are even hiring.
A.K.A. megahurts4 :: Member since: July 19, 2002 :eek:
cargodz
Master of My Domain
Posts: 4771
Joined: Tue Jul 04, 2006 7:21 am
Location: NW Ohio
Contact:

Post by cargodz »

Ryan from Ohio wrote: Mike if I was you, just to be a gigantic DICK before you leave, call up the local commercial food & workers Union and have them come in for a vote.
That will shake management up and put them on their knees super fast...
Wouldn't scare them a bit since everybody had to sign a non-union paper before we started... And the insurance thing for me really sucked, cuz while your girl's friend got part of it paid... I had to flip the whole bill because of our different classifications in jobs.

And don't get me wrong... I still love the people I work with and for (store management)... It's the corporate pricks I can't stand.
I just wish I had Larry Menards home number so I could tell him what's going on within his company, cause I met him more than a few times and had actual conversations with him and he seems the only one down to earth, but that's probably cause he and his brother started it from nothing... It's just to bad that it's grown so big that a board of dickheads (I mean directors) makes all the rules now. :(
-Michael
http://www.teamcargodzinc.com :thumbsup
Hear It, See It, Feel It, Punch It!
And Proud Sponsor of
Team Wolf Pack Audio
Authorized Dealer
cargodz
Master of My Domain
Posts: 4771
Joined: Tue Jul 04, 2006 7:21 am
Location: NW Ohio
Contact:

Post by cargodz »

Plus I can always look at the up side now... I won't have to get up at 3:00 AM anymore or go to bed at 7.
Not a huge upside, but I'll take what I can get ;)
-Michael
http://www.teamcargodzinc.com :thumbsup
Hear It, See It, Feel It, Punch It!
And Proud Sponsor of
Team Wolf Pack Audio
Authorized Dealer
Bwcad1
Master of My Domain
Posts: 9312
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2005 11:00 am
Location: Ohio

Post by Bwcad1 »

we could always drive the buick through the store to get some revenge
ImageImage


ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Robert Wollenberg
Posts: 1386
Joined: Mon Sep 19, 2005 4:45 am
Location: Abilene, Texas

Post by Robert Wollenberg »

Pull an office space and burn the joint to the ground.
Robert R. Wollenberg
Audio Alchemy, Owner
Phone: (325) 480-2790
E-mail: [email protected]
Web: www.audiochemy.com
www.abilenecaraudio.com
www.abilenecaralarms.com
FB: www.facebook.com/audio.alchemy
User avatar
brent
Senior Member
Posts: 626
Joined: Mon Feb 27, 2006 9:32 pm
Location: Oklahoma

Post by brent »

Ah man, thats to bad, sorry to hear that. I vote office space the place, or with Bill, take the buick through the front door.
Post Reply