Page 1 of 2

New toy

Posted: Wed May 30, 2007 4:33 pm
by Ryan from Ohio
Image

Yup. Ive been wanting one of these for 3+ years. Now I got it!

Got a smoking deal on it. This kayak normally sells for $600-630 everywhere. I got it for $300 :happy055:

Friday will probably be maiden voyage if not tomorrow night.

Posted: Wed May 30, 2007 4:37 pm
by loudwagon15s
very nice! I've got a kayak, and have a blast on it. one of my favorite things to do is to go to a beach near the freightor channel and surf the freightor's wave :dancing

Posted: Wed May 30, 2007 10:57 pm
by brisgreat1
Urban kayaking?

Posted: Wed May 30, 2007 11:48 pm
by cargodz
Not really so Urban as you might think around here... The Great lakes region still has a ton of small lakes and rivers, so there are a lot of places that it can be used.
So Ryan, Ya takin it out the Maumee? I'm sure you'll have fun where ever ya go :)

Posted: Thu May 31, 2007 1:53 pm
by Ryan from Ohio
I happen to live in a small town right on a river.

So I can get dropped off up stream and float back down. Theres a small park on the river, so I can pull out there. Im about 5 minute walk from there :)

Posted: Thu May 31, 2007 5:34 pm
by Ryan from Ohio
Ok, took it out tonight on a pond.

Takes some getting used to, not bad. A little tippy, but its to be expected.

Posted: Thu May 31, 2007 5:36 pm
by Bwcad1
did you learn to roll yet?

Posted: Thu May 31, 2007 6:58 pm
by Ryan from Ohio
I dont intend on rolling this over anytime soon. Easy enough to get in/out of if it does roll I will float out.

Posted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 1:44 pm
by Ryan from Ohio
Well I ended up picking another Kayak up for my Dad today.

Its only a 10' model though, mines 12'

But for $150 brand new with the plastic still on it and with a paddle, hard to pass it up!

Anyone wanna go Kayaking? The river in my town is up and theres a very nice class II III rapids currently...

Posted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 1:46 pm
by cargodz
So we puttin a sound system in one of these soon :p lol