Page 1 of 2
Any good SQ 12's $200 or less?
Posted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 1:21 pm
by ajbrickyard
I was going to put some thump in my acura RL but now I want SQ I want a 12 in a sealed box off a alpine D class amp at 400watts @2ohms i only want to spend upto $200 on a sub what ever sub I choose I will have a box built to spec. right now I'm looking at
TCsounds TC-1000
Image Dynamics IDQ
Eclipse SW7200
JL 12w3v2
any sugestions?
Posted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 2:54 pm
by swimmerdude
Actually, the Eclipse would be my vote out of the bunch. Nothing against JL, but i like the non-mainstream brands... and it is quite over priced for what you get. I have heard the level up from that Eclipse and they were amazing subs for budget. They had great sq and had a good amount of loudness to them. I would suggest a Stereo Integrity BM. The list price on them is higher than you have listed, but from what i hear people talk about, if you contact dealers directly, they will give you better prices. They are execellent drives, very good sound quality and definitely have a lot of boom to them.
Posted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 9:32 am
by mlstrass
AA arsenal would be another to consider....
Posted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 2:12 pm
by cargodz
Image Dynamics or Eclipse from what you have listed.
Another good one for the list would be the Massive Audio RW12 or
the Fusion PPSW12E or H
Those fall into your price range too and are really good SQ subs.
Posted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 6:16 pm
by SpiderCoder
Check out diamond D6
Posted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 8:00 pm
by Wac137
I second checking out Diamond Audio or dare I say AType R ?
Posted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 6:13 am
by swimmerdude
Wac137 wrote:dare I say AType R ?
Not for a pure sq sub.....
Posted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 7:10 am
by solacedagony
http://www.diymobileaudio.com
These are specifically an SQ sub and can work in a small sealed box. Most of the guys using them are sending them ~500W. I'll be ordering one next month to replace my XXX. Not to mention they're plenty under your $200 budget.
Any of the subs you listed should work, though.
Posted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 8:29 am
by Bwcad1
Focal or morel for sq
Posted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 9:39 am
by solacedagony
Oooh, forgot the Peerless XLS/XXLS. I'm not sure of the difference between them, but they are BAMF SQ woofers.