Attention all members!
Have a cool ride? Then show it off on our website! All vehicles welcome!

Any good SQ 12's $200 or less?

All speaker/sub woofer related questions.
ajbrickyard
Junior Member
Posts: 6
Joined: Sun Jan 14, 2007 6:14 pm

Any good SQ 12's $200 or less?

Post by ajbrickyard »

I was going to put some thump in my acura RL but now I want SQ I want a 12 in a sealed box off a alpine D class amp at 400watts @2ohms i only want to spend upto $200 on a sub what ever sub I choose I will have a box built to spec. right now I'm looking at

TCsounds TC-1000
Image Dynamics IDQ
Eclipse SW7200
JL 12w3v2

any sugestions?
User avatar
swimmerdude
Master of My Domain
Posts: 1131
Joined: Wed Sep 28, 2005 5:08 pm
Location: Michigan
Contact:

Post by swimmerdude »

Actually, the Eclipse would be my vote out of the bunch. Nothing against JL, but i like the non-mainstream brands... and it is quite over priced for what you get. I have heard the level up from that Eclipse and they were amazing subs for budget. They had great sq and had a good amount of loudness to them. I would suggest a Stereo Integrity BM. The list price on them is higher than you have listed, but from what i hear people talk about, if you contact dealers directly, they will give you better prices. They are execellent drives, very good sound quality and definitely have a lot of boom to them.
mlstrass
Junior Member
Posts: 16
Joined: Wed Jan 24, 2007 12:52 pm

Post by mlstrass »

AA arsenal would be another to consider....
cargodz
Master of My Domain
Posts: 4771
Joined: Tue Jul 04, 2006 7:21 am
Location: NW Ohio
Contact:

Post by cargodz »

Image Dynamics or Eclipse from what you have listed.
Another good one for the list would be the Massive Audio RW12 or
the Fusion PPSW12E or H
Those fall into your price range too and are really good SQ subs.
-Michael
http://www.teamcargodzinc.com :thumbsup
Hear It, See It, Feel It, Punch It!
And Proud Sponsor of
Team Wolf Pack Audio
Authorized Dealer
SpiderCoder
Junior Member
Posts: 8
Joined: Wed Aug 23, 2006 7:20 pm

Post by SpiderCoder »

Check out diamond D6
Wac137
Member
Posts: 40
Joined: Wed Mar 08, 2006 6:27 pm
Location: Norris City,IL
Contact:

Post by Wac137 »

I second checking out Diamond Audio or dare I say AType R ?
User avatar
swimmerdude
Master of My Domain
Posts: 1131
Joined: Wed Sep 28, 2005 5:08 pm
Location: Michigan
Contact:

Post by swimmerdude »

Wac137 wrote:dare I say AType R ?
Not for a pure sq sub.....
solacedagony
Master of My Domain
Posts: 2171
Joined: Mon Nov 29, 2004 9:34 am
Location: Phillipsburg, NJ
Contact:

Post by solacedagony »

http://www.diymobileaudio.com
These are specifically an SQ sub and can work in a small sealed box. Most of the guys using them are sending them ~500W. I'll be ordering one next month to replace my XXX. Not to mention they're plenty under your $200 budget.
Any of the subs you listed should work, though.
Bwcad1
Master of My Domain
Posts: 9312
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2005 11:00 am
Location: Ohio

Post by Bwcad1 »

Focal or morel for sq
ImageImage


ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
solacedagony
Master of My Domain
Posts: 2171
Joined: Mon Nov 29, 2004 9:34 am
Location: Phillipsburg, NJ
Contact:

Post by solacedagony »

Oooh, forgot the Peerless XLS/XXLS. I'm not sure of the difference between them, but they are BAMF SQ woofers.
Post Reply