Attention all members!
Have a cool ride? Then show it off on our website! All vehicles welcome!

Finally done! (for now)

A Place to Discuss Modifications done to your cars.

Moderators: GlassWolf, William from NOLA

Tygur
Junior Member
Posts: 16
Joined: Thu Dec 28, 2006 9:33 pm

Finally done! (for now)

Post by Tygur »

After a year of rebuilding the engine, I finally got the sound, suspension and body art done.

A year and a half of getting a broken hand-me-down POS to decent road status finally over.

It isn't fast at all, but its great for cruising and listening to music. Not much else to do here, theres only one main road and the highest speed limit is 45mph.

Only a couple more minor things to go: tightening a belt and fixing a tiny oil leak.

The oil leak is so minor I would just leave it alone but since it drips straight onto the header heat shield, it runs back along the exhaust and occasionally causes noticable smoke from under the car. I figure its just a spot in the valve cover, although I've checked it 3 or 4 times with no success already.

Now I'll run it to death and sell it when I move away, or if I stay I'll get some sort of forced induction or engine swap, and some new tires.

WOOHOO finally done! Now my hands hurt and I need a shower, catch ya later!
smoker
Master of My Domain
Posts: 4126
Joined: Tue Mar 15, 2005 9:00 am
Location: florence, ky
Contact:

Post by smoker »

pics?
User avatar
William from NOLA
Posts: 5172
Joined: Tue Oct 05, 2004 8:00 am
Location: Metairie, LA
Contact:

Post by William from NOLA »

Tygur wrote:I need a shower, catch ya later!
smoker wrote:pics?
... hmm :happy055:
A.K.A. megahurts4 :: Member since: July 19, 2002 :eek:
Darthness
Master of My Domain
Posts: 3706
Joined: Thu Feb 03, 2005 6:54 pm

Post by Darthness »

lol
Image
- Keith
ZeroAccess
Senior Member
Posts: 780
Joined: Sat Nov 04, 2006 1:58 pm

Post by ZeroAccess »

I'm hoping she's female which if I remember correctly she is.
but umm..
If not....
Smoker ? ... I'm not ever getting in the shower with you..ok well maybe I will just gonna use soap on a rope.
smoker
Master of My Domain
Posts: 4126
Joined: Tue Mar 15, 2005 9:00 am
Location: florence, ky
Contact:

Post by smoker »

under no circumstances will you ever find yourself even in the position where getting in the shower with me is an option.......
ZeroAccess
Senior Member
Posts: 780
Joined: Sat Nov 04, 2006 1:58 pm

Post by ZeroAccess »

lol!!
Ya never know how these things go, I mean i know how you audio people are.
"Lets meet to install some stuff" next thing ya know speakers going everywhere, bass is vibrating the world, and the smoke of a few burnt amps/subs fill the room.

I'm just saying, I got some soap on the rope IN CASE you can get caught bending over for the soap lol...
I can't quit laughing lol I keep thinking of Zoolander when they have the sex scene. LOL! omg lol
cargodz
Master of My Domain
Posts: 4771
Joined: Tue Jul 04, 2006 7:21 am
Location: NW Ohio
Contact:

Post by cargodz »

Do you guys have to make everything perverted?...
On second thought, dumb question... of coarse you do :p

Would like to see some pics of the ride though :)
-Michael
http://www.teamcargodzinc.com :thumbsup
Hear It, See It, Feel It, Punch It!
And Proud Sponsor of
Team Wolf Pack Audio
Authorized Dealer
Tygur
Junior Member
Posts: 16
Joined: Thu Dec 28, 2006 9:33 pm

Post by Tygur »

Haha, yeah today I'll get some pics if I can (not in the shower), after I clean it out. Living on a dirt road = lots of crap in the car.

-EDIT- Heres a quickly thrown together before and after:

BEFORE:

Image


AFTER:

Image


Can't make it look too different inside though, only replaced the head unit up there hehe


--EDIT2--

Exterior before:

Image

And after:

Image

Image

Can't really see it there but the back was covered above the rear door in big fugly rust holes. And no the muffler doesn't ever hit the ground. hehe Its pointing that way because when I put the springs on, I had to give the exhaust line a little more clearance but didn't have the shop to bend the pipe back up as much as I would have liked. (As far as I know, there isnt even one on the island. All we have is a NAPA and a family-run goodyear tire place). And the fact that the aftermarket for this as an on-road car is almost non-existent doesn't help anything.
Post Reply