Page 1 of 2
I got a new K&N air filter for free...SO???
Posted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 10:04 pm
by MobileAudio219
It's just a drop in one, my uncles shop got it free from the part store (I guess it was some sort of promo thing).. Anyways I needed to replace my air filter and he said I could have the k&n if I wanted it... No noticable performace gains (and didnt expect there to be), but it gives it a nice growl when you stomp on it...
Posted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 10:58 pm
by NViejeP
Thats pretty cool. I was thinking about getting the trueflow, but I'm not sure.
Posted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 6:06 am
by MobileAudio219
Well I figured for free I would try it out........
Posted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 6:52 am
by Darthness
you need to get some new rims, and bigger tires for that thing...
Posted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 8:24 am
by Ryan from Ohio
I dropped a KN in my 95 Z34 I had.
My gas mileage improved by about 15-20 miles per tank, the car had better acceleration (slightly noticeable) and I liked the fact this was the last air filter I had to buy!
SO ya it cost me $450 with the cleaning kit, but hey every 6 months I cleaned it and it was like new

Posted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 9:33 am
by MobileAudio219
Ryan from Ohio wrote:I dropped a KN in my 95 Z34 I had.
My gas mileage improved by about 15-20 miles per tank, the car had better acceleration (slightly noticeable) and I liked the fact this was the last air filter I had to buy!
SO ya it cost me $450 with the cleaning kit, but hey every 6 months I cleaned it and it was like new
yeah, this is just a drop in one... It still makes a nice grawl when you crack open the thottle... I'm hoping I'll see an improvement in gas milage but dont really expect it... But yeah, cant beat free...
Posted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 9:35 am
by MobileAudio219
Ryan from Ohio wrote:I dropped a KN in my 95 Z34 I had.
My gas mileage improved by about 15-20 miles per tank, the car had better acceleration (slightly noticeable) and I liked the fact this was the last air filter I had to buy!
SO ya it cost me $450 with the cleaning kit, but hey every 6 months I cleaned it and it was like new
Did you add the SO??? to the thread title?

:angry15:
Or maybe I was just that tired when I posted this... am I going crazy?
Posted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 1:42 pm
by Darthness
no someone added it...
http://www.kcclassicauto.com/dgierman/93typhoonside.JPG
Posted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 2:29 pm
by MobileAudio219
Darthness wrote:no someone added it...
Hmm, but who?
The truck is a 2wd, I was just bored and decided to see what would happen if I tried to go through it. I've got video's of my cousin 4x4 jimmy stuck in it, but I guess it all has to do with the driver because I could stop in it and make it out after a little rockin...
It's going to get bigger rims (16" or 17"), but with lower profile tires and a 2/3 drop... Going with for a street truck type of look influenced heavily but the gmc typhoon... It'll probably have a 355 or or a 383 tbi v8 before next summer...
Yeah, they'll be no more of this.

Posted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 3:01 pm
by Darthness
oh ok. i thoguht you were going for more of that. i kind of like blazers made for offroad type of stuff.. mudding like you hae shown there. i don't like the dropped dlook and all that stuff on the older blazers.