Attention all members!
Have a cool ride? Then show it off on our website! All vehicles welcome!

Kicker or Ascendant Audio?

All speaker/sub woofer related questions.
ryboto
Member
Posts: 72
Joined: Mon Jul 10, 2006 6:57 pm

Kicker or Ascendant Audio?

Post by ryboto »

I'm going to buy some midbass drivers, but I can't decide between the Kicker SSMB6's, or the AA Poly 6.5. I found the older style Kicker SSMB6, just has a different grill, for approx. the same price as the AA's. I don't have any experience with either brand, so, and suggestions would be awesome!
User avatar
MobileAudio219
Master of My Domain
Posts: 4919
Joined: Thu Oct 07, 2004 4:00 am
Location: Sullivan Missouri

Post by MobileAudio219 »

If you can get the ss' for the same price as the aa's that would be a pretty good deal... as far as which one to go with, thats a good question, dont think you can go wrong with either... the aa's might be a bit louder though....
1995 Ford Explorer Sport, 4.0, Auto, 2dr, 2wd!
JVC KD-S100, PPI 356c's ,Hifonics ZXI 6410, 10" AB DX
Like project build threads? Have one of your own? Post it here!
www.projectcarforum.com
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
ryboto
Member
Posts: 72
Joined: Mon Jul 10, 2006 6:57 pm

Post by ryboto »

Well, I'm not necessarily looking for louder, just the bass response that my midranges lack. I know I shouldn't expect a lot from such a small cone, but, I'm gonna try. I think I might go for the kickers, although, I do like the lower power handling of the AA's. I still can't decide!
ryboto
Member
Posts: 72
Joined: Mon Jul 10, 2006 6:57 pm

Post by ryboto »

Well, I think I'm going to go with the kickers...unless someone has anything to say about the AA's...
Justin from Detroit1
Junior Member
Posts: 0
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 1969 6:00 pm
Location: Detroit

Post by Justin from Detroit1 »

Well I'm sure the AA's are well made speakers, but in all honesty I would question their output and quality if they are selling them for $35 each.

If you get midbass drivers, build a small sealed enclosure for them, you will notice a huge difference.
ryboto
Member
Posts: 72
Joined: Mon Jul 10, 2006 6:57 pm

Post by ryboto »

thanks for the advice! I was on the fence with those AA's. The kicker's retail for $199, but Etronics has them listed as $66. The model # is 04ssmb6. Same specs, same product description, I assume the only difference between the ones they're selling and the current product is the grills. On Kicker's site, they mention that the SS were updated to match the rest of the line..or something to that effect. Either way, I just bought them. So, we'll see what happens when they get here!
User avatar
MobileAudio219
Master of My Domain
Posts: 4919
Joined: Thu Oct 07, 2004 4:00 am
Location: Sullivan Missouri

Post by MobileAudio219 »

The ss line from kicker is pretty dang nice... I wouldnt mind having a set of the ss components....
1995 Ford Explorer Sport, 4.0, Auto, 2dr, 2wd!
JVC KD-S100, PPI 356c's ,Hifonics ZXI 6410, 10" AB DX
Like project build threads? Have one of your own? Post it here!
www.projectcarforum.com
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
CaptainPioneer
Master of My Domain
Posts: 3389
Joined: Fri May 20, 2005 8:30 am
Location: Monroe, CT
Contact:

Post by CaptainPioneer »

see this is where i think they are different... the 04SSMB6's, I think are different than the new ones. Unless the 04 stands for an Ohm rating... But i think those are a 2004 model speaker. Check other stores besides Etronics because the prices definitely vary
COR UNUM VIA UNA - Jay Chmura
CaptainPioneer
Master of My Domain
Posts: 3389
Joined: Fri May 20, 2005 8:30 am
Location: Monroe, CT
Contact:

Post by CaptainPioneer »

scratch what i said i guess i was wrong.
COR UNUM VIA UNA - Jay Chmura
Post Reply