Page 1 of 1
why doesnt my dash light up now?
Posted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 7:51 pm
by lotas
Hey guys...I just finished putting my HU in my glove box...screwed the glove box back in. Then I put the stock CD player back in the dash hole for the deck, and that was about that. For some reason now when I switch my lights on, my lights will turn on, but my dash won't light up. Not only will the speedomoter section not light up, but the actual dash with the A/C buttons and all won't light up.
Any ideas? I checked all the fuses and they're fine. Anything else I can check? Can't drive at night at the moment so if you even have a guess throw it out there so I can check. Thanks.
Posted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 8:25 pm
by MobileAudio219
taillights working? i'd get a test light and check the fuses while they are in the fuse panel with the key on...
Posted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 8:33 pm
by kevinberry1
If it isn't a fuse I would guess that one of the factory wire harnesses is loose or disconnected.
Posted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 10:18 pm
by Chris from MI
kevinberry1 wrote:If it isn't a fuse I would guess that one of the factory wire harnesses is loose or disconnected.
Yeah my guess would be a wire got pulled loose somewhere behind the dash. Especially if your fuses are all still good. Make sure you check the fuse box onder the hood also not just the one in the car. Just throwing some ideas out there.

Posted: Sat Jul 15, 2006 3:45 am
by lotas
Thanks guys...I'll make sure to pull everything out and check the harnesses....and I'll check the fuses again.
Posted: Sat Jul 15, 2006 4:15 am
by JL Man
happened to me like last week, my taillights quit working too, it was the fuse under the hood for "tail lamp" that fixed mine. i had to put a bigger fuse in it
Posted: Sat Jul 15, 2006 5:52 am
by Ryan from Ohio
Have the same problem in the BUick since I bought it.
Ended up getting some LED projectors and pointing in on that stuff.
Never tracked down the actual problem although I suspect it to be a bad wire somewhere as the fuse always blows.
Posted: Sat Jul 15, 2006 8:55 am
by MobileAudio219
JL Man wrote:i had to put a bigger fuse in it
Thats a fire waiting to happen, its blowing the fuse for a reason. Do yourself a favor and put the right size fuse back in and fix the problem the right way.
Posted: Sat Jul 15, 2006 9:08 am
by lotas
Yeah I wouldn't put a bigger fuse in...
But yeah my taillights work fine. I put these green and blue bulbs in my vents so my vents glow, so I was unplugging and messing around with a lot of harnesses...that could very well be it.
Posted: Sat Jul 15, 2006 9:23 am
by solacedagony
MobileAudio219 wrote:Thats a fire waiting to happen, its blowing the fuse for a reason. Do yourself a favor and put the right size fuse back in and fix the problem the right way.
x2!