Attention all members!
Have a cool ride? Then show it off on our website! All vehicles welcome!
Have a cool ride? Then show it off on our website! All vehicles welcome!
why doesnt my dash light up now?
why doesnt my dash light up now?
Hey guys...I just finished putting my HU in my glove box...screwed the glove box back in. Then I put the stock CD player back in the dash hole for the deck, and that was about that. For some reason now when I switch my lights on, my lights will turn on, but my dash won't light up. Not only will the speedomoter section not light up, but the actual dash with the A/C buttons and all won't light up.
Any ideas? I checked all the fuses and they're fine. Anything else I can check? Can't drive at night at the moment so if you even have a guess throw it out there so I can check. Thanks.
Any ideas? I checked all the fuses and they're fine. Anything else I can check? Can't drive at night at the moment so if you even have a guess throw it out there so I can check. Thanks.
- MobileAudio219
- Master of My Domain
- Posts: 4919
- Joined: Thu Oct 07, 2004 4:00 am
- Location: Sullivan Missouri
taillights working? i'd get a test light and check the fuses while they are in the fuse panel with the key on...
1995 Ford Explorer Sport, 4.0, Auto, 2dr, 2wd!
JVC KD-S100, PPI 356c's ,Hifonics ZXI 6410, 10" AB DX
Like project build threads? Have one of your own? Post it here!
www.projectcarforum.com
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
JVC KD-S100, PPI 356c's ,Hifonics ZXI 6410, 10" AB DX
Like project build threads? Have one of your own? Post it here!
www.projectcarforum.com
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
-
kevinberry1
- Senior Member
- Posts: 638
- Joined: Fri Feb 18, 2005 7:21 pm
- Location: Omaha, NE
-
Chris from MI
- Senior Member
- Posts: 371
- Joined: Fri Mar 25, 2005 7:09 pm
- Location: Detroit, MI
Yeah my guess would be a wire got pulled loose somewhere behind the dash. Especially if your fuses are all still good. Make sure you check the fuse box onder the hood also not just the one in the car. Just throwing some ideas out there.kevinberry1 wrote:If it isn't a fuse I would guess that one of the factory wire harnesses is loose or disconnected.
-
Ryan from Ohio
- Posts: 13308
- Joined: Fri Mar 17, 2000 12:00 pm
- Contact:
Have the same problem in the BUick since I bought it.
Ended up getting some LED projectors and pointing in on that stuff.
Never tracked down the actual problem although I suspect it to be a bad wire somewhere as the fuse always blows.
Ended up getting some LED projectors and pointing in on that stuff.
Never tracked down the actual problem although I suspect it to be a bad wire somewhere as the fuse always blows.
-Ryan
www.caraudiocentral.net - Your #1 Car Audio Resource on the Net!
www.caraudiocentral.net - Your #1 Car Audio Resource on the Net!
- MobileAudio219
- Master of My Domain
- Posts: 4919
- Joined: Thu Oct 07, 2004 4:00 am
- Location: Sullivan Missouri
Thats a fire waiting to happen, its blowing the fuse for a reason. Do yourself a favor and put the right size fuse back in and fix the problem the right way.JL Man wrote:i had to put a bigger fuse in it
1995 Ford Explorer Sport, 4.0, Auto, 2dr, 2wd!
JVC KD-S100, PPI 356c's ,Hifonics ZXI 6410, 10" AB DX
Like project build threads? Have one of your own? Post it here!
www.projectcarforum.com
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
JVC KD-S100, PPI 356c's ,Hifonics ZXI 6410, 10" AB DX
Like project build threads? Have one of your own? Post it here!
www.projectcarforum.com
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
-
solacedagony
- Master of My Domain
- Posts: 2171
- Joined: Mon Nov 29, 2004 9:34 am
- Location: Phillipsburg, NJ
- Contact: