Page 1 of 1

odd signal problem - rca bleeding across channels

Posted: Sun Jun 25, 2006 8:27 am
by steve350
I got a new jvc kd-sh909 which has front/rear/sub. I'm using front/sub outputs with a JL 450/4. Everything works fine when using front or sub individually.

However, when you connect all four RCAs, the signal appears to bleed through. The subwoofer channels receive signal from the front channels. So when you turn subwoofer level to 0, there is no effect. I've checked that the rca's are connected to the right channels.

Anyone heard of something like this? I've run out of things to check.

Posted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 7:14 pm
by steve350
i'm also getting alternator noise from my sirius sat radio, so I think the factory ground i used on the HU isn't good. I'm going to run a new ground to the HU.

Out of curiousity, anyone know if a bad ground would cause the bleeding problem i was experiencing between the subwoofer and front preouts?