Page 1 of 2
Upgrade from MX5000
Posted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 6:55 am
by jejuanm
I have an Autotek MX5000, i was running it with 4 DVC L7's. I had them running @ 2 ohms, and the amp was giving me about 1200 watts a channel, atleast thats what its suppose to be doing. Im power hungry, and i have a friend in the Bahamas thats willing to pay what i paid for this amp new. What could I step up to, to replace this amp, or just possiably buy him something similar to it. They dont make this any more, and I have not really seen any other power amps like this. Educate me please!!!!!!
Posted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 7:03 am
by Bwcad1
how much do you want to spend? autotek amps are great amps and they do rated power plus if you have the money look into the MM4000.1 i run 2 of them in competiton. or look at a pair of MM2000.1s great clean efficent power. i love autotek amps so much i have a banner thats 36 x 14 across my back window! and one of my good teamates has an MM4000.1 tattoed on his arm!
Posted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 7:09 am
by kevinberry1
Bwcad1 wrote:one of my good teamates has an MM4000.1 tattoed on his arm!
That's great, I bet he'll regret that in a few years :)
Can you imagine your grandchild asking you "Grandpa, what does MM4000.1 on your arm stand for?" "Well son, that was the model number of an amplifier I had back in Ot 6"

Posted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 7:09 am
by OnYrMrk
You could look into the Digital Design amps...not sure what the pricing of the MX5000 is, but I am sure it would be more than a grand..and I think that is where the DD's start. Might want to check them out
Posted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 7:11 am
by jejuanm
What do those 2 amps run money wise, and running 2 would certianly use alot more power from my electrical system.
Posted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 7:12 am
by Bwcad1
z1 is great amp i would suggest that also and its built like a tank. it can run at .5 ohms and less. as for his tattoo i look at it this way. a tattoo represents a time in your life. the mm4000.1 just represents this point in time in his life. jeju im not saying you need 2 that would be way to much power for the normal person lol im not normal. how much do you want to spend?
Posted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 7:17 am
by jejuanm
I spent 800.00 for my MX5000, I call her "BIG BURTHA" she really ate my truck up, i blowed more lights in my truck than you do at XMAS time sorting out the lights for the tree. I love that amp, but I am a power feind. I will make go, or make it blow. "IF YOU CANT TURN IT UP, THAN BRUN IT UP"
Posted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 7:25 am
by Bwcad1
if i were you i would just stick with that amp your not gonna get much of a better amp for that much and im the same way with power. retail on the MM4000.1 is 2500 but most shops like myself sell them for about 1800
Posted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 7:30 am
by jejuanm
Wonder if i can find another MX5000, any ideas for that?
Posted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 7:43 am
by jejuanm
Bwcad1 wrote:if i were you i would just stick with that amp your not gonna get much of a better amp for that much and im the same way with power. retail on the MM4000.1 is 2500 but most shops like myself sell them for about 1800
I read in another post, that you may have another amp for a bout 900.00, is that still on the block, and if so, what type of TEK is it.