Attention all members!
Have a cool ride? Then show it off on our website! All vehicles welcome!

Upgrade from MX5000

Post all your general car audio questions here.
jejuanm
Junior Member
Posts: 13
Joined: Fri Apr 07, 2006 7:43 am

Upgrade from MX5000

Post by jejuanm »

I have an Autotek MX5000, i was running it with 4 DVC L7's. I had them running @ 2 ohms, and the amp was giving me about 1200 watts a channel, atleast thats what its suppose to be doing. Im power hungry, and i have a friend in the Bahamas thats willing to pay what i paid for this amp new. What could I step up to, to replace this amp, or just possiably buy him something similar to it. They dont make this any more, and I have not really seen any other power amps like this. Educate me please!!!!!!
Bwcad1
Master of My Domain
Posts: 9312
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2005 11:00 am
Location: Ohio

Post by Bwcad1 »

how much do you want to spend? autotek amps are great amps and they do rated power plus if you have the money look into the MM4000.1 i run 2 of them in competiton. or look at a pair of MM2000.1s great clean efficent power. i love autotek amps so much i have a banner thats 36 x 14 across my back window! and one of my good teamates has an MM4000.1 tattoed on his arm!
ImageImage


ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
kevinberry1
Senior Member
Posts: 638
Joined: Fri Feb 18, 2005 7:21 pm
Location: Omaha, NE

Post by kevinberry1 »

Bwcad1 wrote:one of my good teamates has an MM4000.1 tattoed on his arm!
That's great, I bet he'll regret that in a few years :)

Can you imagine your grandchild asking you "Grandpa, what does MM4000.1 on your arm stand for?" "Well son, that was the model number of an amplifier I had back in Ot 6" :D
User avatar
OnYrMrk
Posts: 2864
Joined: Wed Oct 26, 2005 11:00 am
Location: Moore, Oklahoma
Contact:

Post by OnYrMrk »

You could look into the Digital Design amps...not sure what the pricing of the MX5000 is, but I am sure it would be more than a grand..and I think that is where the DD's start. Might want to check them out
IASCA Certified SQ Judge
USACi Certified SQ Judge
MECA Certified SQ Judge
2010 USACi Spring Break Jam Modified SQ Champion
Moderator for https://www.facebook.com/groups/524841581331183/
CVD Audio Sales and Acquisitions Team
http://www.cvdaudio.com
jejuanm
Junior Member
Posts: 13
Joined: Fri Apr 07, 2006 7:43 am

Post by jejuanm »

What do those 2 amps run money wise, and running 2 would certianly use alot more power from my electrical system.
Bwcad1
Master of My Domain
Posts: 9312
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2005 11:00 am
Location: Ohio

Post by Bwcad1 »

z1 is great amp i would suggest that also and its built like a tank. it can run at .5 ohms and less. as for his tattoo i look at it this way. a tattoo represents a time in your life. the mm4000.1 just represents this point in time in his life. jeju im not saying you need 2 that would be way to much power for the normal person lol im not normal. how much do you want to spend?
ImageImage


ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
jejuanm
Junior Member
Posts: 13
Joined: Fri Apr 07, 2006 7:43 am

Post by jejuanm »

I spent 800.00 for my MX5000, I call her "BIG BURTHA" she really ate my truck up, i blowed more lights in my truck than you do at XMAS time sorting out the lights for the tree. I love that amp, but I am a power feind. I will make go, or make it blow. "IF YOU CANT TURN IT UP, THAN BRUN IT UP"
Bwcad1
Master of My Domain
Posts: 9312
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2005 11:00 am
Location: Ohio

Post by Bwcad1 »

if i were you i would just stick with that amp your not gonna get much of a better amp for that much and im the same way with power. retail on the MM4000.1 is 2500 but most shops like myself sell them for about 1800
ImageImage


ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
jejuanm
Junior Member
Posts: 13
Joined: Fri Apr 07, 2006 7:43 am

Post by jejuanm »

Wonder if i can find another MX5000, any ideas for that?
jejuanm
Junior Member
Posts: 13
Joined: Fri Apr 07, 2006 7:43 am

Post by jejuanm »

Bwcad1 wrote:if i were you i would just stick with that amp your not gonna get much of a better amp for that much and im the same way with power. retail on the MM4000.1 is 2500 but most shops like myself sell them for about 1800
I read in another post, that you may have another amp for a bout 900.00, is that still on the block, and if so, what type of TEK is it.
Post Reply