Page 1 of 2
Tint
Posted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 6:56 am
by Bwcad1
hey guys Mainly justin cause i know you get tickets for this but... i have been thinking about tinting my front windows to match the rears now i know the rear tint is illegal but i want to know is it worth it? im thinking about doin a 20 on the front. also what brand should i look at?
Posted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 7:31 am
by William from NOLA
If you think you can get away with it, go ahead. Cars here get checked for it -at least pre-Katrina. But that $100 or so you spend will be gone with 2 slices of a razor blade. (Cops here would take a razor and cut the tint so you had to remove it)
Posted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 7:36 am
by Justin from Detroit1
I have gotten seven window tint tickets thus far, and wih summer coming and the Saturn coming back out, I expect more. In MI they are fix it tickets, so I just get my friend the cop to sign the ticket saying the tint is off, and all is cleared.
I can't drive a car without window tint, I feel like I'm in a fish bowl. Just take it to a good shop that will give you a lifetime warranty, don't try doing it yourself.
EDIT: Just looked up the Ohio tint laws. On the rear window and rear side windows you can have ANY percentage tint, so go as dark as you want on these. On the driver/passenger door windows you can have 50% tint (which is barely tint) so I'm sure for the most part you could get away with 35% (the lower the number, the darker the tint). Do 5% on the rears, and 35% on the fronts.

Posted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 7:48 am
by Bwcad1
hmm ok i think i will do it then.i think the back right now is like 25 or 30. i dont know if i want to make that darker. if i do the fronts with 20 to match is that a dead give away?
Posted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 7:52 am
by Justin from Detroit1
Some cops care, some don't. State troopers are the worse around here.
Posted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 7:57 am
by Bwcad1
THANKS JUSTIN any brands i should look for specifically?
Posted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 8:06 am
by Ryan from Ohio
Posted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 8:16 am
by sinister audio
i have 2.5% on the mustang and have never had a problem yet. it depends on the town around here and if im in the town where its a problem i roll through with my front windows down.
Posted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 8:31 am
by stephensmia
When I was in Miami I had 2.5 on the sides and the back and half of the front window. the cops never said anything.
Posted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 8:37 am
by Justin from Detroit1
Bwcad1 wrote:THANKS JUSTIN any brands i should look for specifically?
Just go to a place that offers a lifetime warranty, then the brand doesnt matter.