Attention all members!
Have a cool ride? Then show it off on our website! All vehicles welcome!
Have a cool ride? Then show it off on our website! All vehicles welcome!
Tint
Moderators: GlassWolf, William from NOLA
Tint
hey guys Mainly justin cause i know you get tickets for this but... i have been thinking about tinting my front windows to match the rears now i know the rear tint is illegal but i want to know is it worth it? im thinking about doin a 20 on the front. also what brand should i look at?
- William from NOLA
- Posts: 5172
- Joined: Tue Oct 05, 2004 8:00 am
- Location: Metairie, LA
- Contact:
-
Justin from Detroit1
- Junior Member
- Posts: 0
- Joined: Wed Dec 31, 1969 6:00 pm
- Location: Detroit
I have gotten seven window tint tickets thus far, and wih summer coming and the Saturn coming back out, I expect more. In MI they are fix it tickets, so I just get my friend the cop to sign the ticket saying the tint is off, and all is cleared.
I can't drive a car without window tint, I feel like I'm in a fish bowl. Just take it to a good shop that will give you a lifetime warranty, don't try doing it yourself.
EDIT: Just looked up the Ohio tint laws. On the rear window and rear side windows you can have ANY percentage tint, so go as dark as you want on these. On the driver/passenger door windows you can have 50% tint (which is barely tint) so I'm sure for the most part you could get away with 35% (the lower the number, the darker the tint). Do 5% on the rears, and 35% on the fronts.

I can't drive a car without window tint, I feel like I'm in a fish bowl. Just take it to a good shop that will give you a lifetime warranty, don't try doing it yourself.
EDIT: Just looked up the Ohio tint laws. On the rear window and rear side windows you can have ANY percentage tint, so go as dark as you want on these. On the driver/passenger door windows you can have 50% tint (which is barely tint) so I'm sure for the most part you could get away with 35% (the lower the number, the darker the tint). Do 5% on the rears, and 35% on the fronts.

-
Justin from Detroit1
- Junior Member
- Posts: 0
- Joined: Wed Dec 31, 1969 6:00 pm
- Location: Detroit
-
Ryan from Ohio
- Posts: 13308
- Joined: Fri Mar 17, 2000 12:00 pm
- Contact:
-Ryan
www.caraudiocentral.net - Your #1 Car Audio Resource on the Net!
www.caraudiocentral.net - Your #1 Car Audio Resource on the Net!
-
sinister audio
- Master of My Domain
- Posts: 2562
- Joined: Sat Mar 19, 2005 9:00 am
- Location: Watertown, South Dakota
- Contact:
-
stephensmia
- Senior Member
- Posts: 196
- Joined: Sat Sep 17, 2005 9:45 am
- Location: Springfield, OH
-
Justin from Detroit1
- Junior Member
- Posts: 0
- Joined: Wed Dec 31, 1969 6:00 pm
- Location: Detroit

