Page 1 of 2

which sub

Posted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 2:20 pm
by nicodemus88
I have been looking at the Pioneer TS-SW124D and the Rockford Fosgate P312D2S, which are both shallow mount subs. I have a standard cab S-10 so I am limited on space, but I wanted to put a 12" sub behind the seats. It doesn't really matter to me which one can get louder but I want to know which is a better quality sub and would be a better buy. Any suggestions would be great.

Posted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 2:35 pm
by Scarrell
why do you want a 12" exactly? and i am not sure on either of them subs, i have not heard them before.. but i have heard a few S-10's and reg cab Silverado's with JL W0's, and they get decently loud for what they are.. you could look into a W3. how much are you looking to spend? if you arent wanting to spend much, you should look at the RE line from Resonant Engineering. they have 8"s, 10"s, and 12"s that are pretty cheap, and the 8"s are known to get pretty loud for an 8".. and i have had the RE 10" and it isnt a bad sub at all, its pretty nice for the money. but them are just some quick options.. ask as many ?'s as you want, we are nice people here :sm29:

Posted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 2:36 pm
by sinister audio
i would say neither. if you want a good high quality sub id look at a Bravox EXS 12d2 or a 12d4 depending on amp. its a great SQ sub that has a very shallow mount and gets pretty loud too. its the only sub that i have seen with a rubber spider too.

Posted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 2:41 pm
by nicodemus88
i will spend about $100-$250, i just wanted a 12" because i want a lot of power but i dont want to have to cram something big in the cab, thanx for the input.

Posted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 2:50 pm
by sinister audio
you can get an EXS 12 for around that money. are you going to build the box?

Posted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 2:53 pm
by nicodemus88
is there a good website that has Bravox products? .im not going to build the box.

Posted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 3:05 pm
by sinister audio
you can read on them at http://www.bravoxaudio.com

Posted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 3:06 pm
by Bwcad1
that pioneer is really nice smoker will atest to that. but the exs is nice also.

Posted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 5:35 pm
by Ryan from Ohio
How about good old Earthquake?

I remember reading a bit about the SWS and its very intriguing...

I mean a shallow mount sub, 3" mounting depth with OVER 2" peak to peak Xmax is just F-ing insane.

Price tag is higher than you want to spend, but if you want BASS this will be your best bet at maximum SPL.

Posted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 11:45 pm
by High Society
Yes, this is what I'm good at, a single cab s-10. What year? If you want really loud, four RE8's. I was running this in my 91 s-10, and it was crazy loud. You wouldn't believe the looks on peoples faces when they see the 8's moving like they do.

Ran them off a kx600.1 I had them in the littlest box I could make for them, and they still got hella loud.