Attention all members!
Have a cool ride? Then show it off on our website! All vehicles welcome!
Have a cool ride? Then show it off on our website! All vehicles welcome!
which sub
-
nicodemus88
- Junior Member
- Posts: 6
- Joined: Wed Feb 22, 2006 6:16 pm
which sub
I have been looking at the Pioneer TS-SW124D and the Rockford Fosgate P312D2S, which are both shallow mount subs. I have a standard cab S-10 so I am limited on space, but I wanted to put a 12" sub behind the seats. It doesn't really matter to me which one can get louder but I want to know which is a better quality sub and would be a better buy. Any suggestions would be great.
why do you want a 12" exactly? and i am not sure on either of them subs, i have not heard them before.. but i have heard a few S-10's and reg cab Silverado's with JL W0's, and they get decently loud for what they are.. you could look into a W3. how much are you looking to spend? if you arent wanting to spend much, you should look at the RE line from Resonant Engineering. they have 8"s, 10"s, and 12"s that are pretty cheap, and the 8"s are known to get pretty loud for an 8".. and i have had the RE 10" and it isnt a bad sub at all, its pretty nice for the money. but them are just some quick options.. ask as many ?'s as you want, we are nice people here 
-
sinister audio
- Master of My Domain
- Posts: 2562
- Joined: Sat Mar 19, 2005 9:00 am
- Location: Watertown, South Dakota
- Contact:
-
nicodemus88
- Junior Member
- Posts: 6
- Joined: Wed Feb 22, 2006 6:16 pm
-
sinister audio
- Master of My Domain
- Posts: 2562
- Joined: Sat Mar 19, 2005 9:00 am
- Location: Watertown, South Dakota
- Contact:
-
nicodemus88
- Junior Member
- Posts: 6
- Joined: Wed Feb 22, 2006 6:16 pm
-
sinister audio
- Master of My Domain
- Posts: 2562
- Joined: Sat Mar 19, 2005 9:00 am
- Location: Watertown, South Dakota
- Contact:
you can read on them at http://www.bravoxaudio.com
-
Ryan from Ohio
- Posts: 13308
- Joined: Fri Mar 17, 2000 12:00 pm
- Contact:
How about good old Earthquake?
I remember reading a bit about the SWS and its very intriguing...
I mean a shallow mount sub, 3" mounting depth with OVER 2" peak to peak Xmax is just F-ing insane.
Price tag is higher than you want to spend, but if you want BASS this will be your best bet at maximum SPL.
I remember reading a bit about the SWS and its very intriguing...
I mean a shallow mount sub, 3" mounting depth with OVER 2" peak to peak Xmax is just F-ing insane.
Price tag is higher than you want to spend, but if you want BASS this will be your best bet at maximum SPL.
-Ryan
www.caraudiocentral.net - Your #1 Car Audio Resource on the Net!
www.caraudiocentral.net - Your #1 Car Audio Resource on the Net!
-
High Society
- Master of My Domain
- Posts: 2473
- Joined: Sun Jan 23, 2005 11:59 am
- Location: Philippines
- Contact:
Yes, this is what I'm good at, a single cab s-10. What year? If you want really loud, four RE8's. I was running this in my 91 s-10, and it was crazy loud. You wouldn't believe the looks on peoples faces when they see the 8's moving like they do.
Ran them off a kx600.1 I had them in the littlest box I could make for them, and they still got hella loud.
Ran them off a kx600.1 I had them in the littlest box I could make for them, and they still got hella loud.
♠ Mateo ♠
80 pounds of Titanium
Proud Member of Team Wolfpack Audio
80 pounds of Titanium
Proud Member of Team Wolfpack Audio

