Attention all members!
Have a cool ride? Then show it off on our website! All vehicles welcome!

trunk help

All speaker/sub woofer related questions.
mr_fr33z3
Junior Member
Posts: 10
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2006 9:17 pm
Location: st. louis

trunk help

Post by mr_fr33z3 »

hey folks,
I'm new to the site so I have several questions that I will be asking on the different forums , but for this area I wanna discuss what I have and what I wanna do. I have an 85 chevy caprice , (lots of trunk space) but I wanna keep my spare tire and have either 2-12" or 15" pushed by a LA audio 2400w mono amp (I know it's not the actual wattage) in some sort of Fiberglass enclosure . an ideas on what I should do ? my budget is kinda limited but suggestions are welcome. thanks
High Society
Master of My Domain
Posts: 2473
Joined: Sun Jan 23, 2005 11:59 am
Location: Philippines
Contact:

Post by High Society »

my budget is kinda limited but suggestions are welcome. thanks
Well then you wont like my suggestion, but everyone on here will tell ya. YOU HAVE TO SAVE UP. And your amp will be pushing probaly 400watts rms at the most. If I could take back all the money I spent on car audio cuz I wanted it now and didn't wait and save, I could have had what I have now, and a lot more. So get rid of the amp, and save some money up. I'd say 600-1000 and you can get hella loud.
♠ Mateo ♠

80 pounds of Titanium
Proud Member of Team Wolfpack Audio
JeremyC
Master of My Domain
Posts: 2329
Joined: Sat Jan 15, 2005 4:13 am
Location: Oklahoma

Post by JeremyC »

Yeah High Society is right. Save up, get rid of that amp, and get some decent equipment at good price. It will save you tons in the end, and sound ALOT better.

While your saving check out the good, bad and ugly in the faq section. It will give you an idea what brands are good, and what brands to stay away from. Once you get some ideas let us know and we will help any way we can.
stephensmia
Senior Member
Posts: 196
Joined: Sat Sep 17, 2005 9:45 am
Location: Springfield, OH

Post by stephensmia »

Like they said it good to save a buy something nice, unless you just want some crap that gose boom. If you want good sound than save and do it right the first time.
DEFENSOR FORTIS
Post Reply