Page 1 of 2

Decent Cheap Decks

Posted: Thu Dec 15, 2005 11:25 am
by Vindicate
Hey, I'm looking for a new deck sometime in the near future. I'm not really picky on one brand or the other, but want something thats good for a low price range. Basically, I'm just wanting to know what are some nice decks in the 170-220$ US range.

Posted: Thu Dec 15, 2005 11:33 am
by two4fifteen
alpine cda-9851 or pioneer deh-p7700mp they can both be found online for around $220

Posted: Thu Dec 15, 2005 11:34 am
by two4fifteen
or Clarion ProAudio DXZ655MP

Posted: Thu Dec 15, 2005 11:38 am
by sinister audio
panasonic MXE 7401U thats a nice deck and you should be able to get it pretty close to that price. or a JVC AR760/860

Posted: Thu Dec 15, 2005 11:38 am
by Bwcad1
premier deh-p670 160 at ikesound one of the best decks in my opinion. sub 200 dollars.

Posted: Thu Dec 15, 2005 12:43 pm
by ridr4lif
Bwcad1 wrote:premier deh-p670 160 at ikesound one of the best decks in my opinion. sub 200 dollars.
QFT. Pioneer all the way for HU's.

Posted: Thu Dec 15, 2005 2:42 pm
by Vindicate
Well, after calling around town to local dealers about those decks, looks like it's a tossup between:

Pioneer Premier DEH-P670 (290$ Canadian 250$ US)
http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_3536.html

Alpine CDA-9847 (300$ Canadian 250$ US)
http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_3299.html

JVC KD-AR760 (260$ Canadian 225$ US)
http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_3717.html

I'm probably going to get the Alpine one.

My prices are high compared to Sonicelectronix but, I have to pay another 20$ for Shipping to the border and then another 40$ from that border to my house. So basically take the price u see on Sonicelectronix and +60$ to it. ikesound.com doesn't ship to Canada either. If I buy from in town also, I don't have to mail it out anywhere if stuff goes wrong.

Posted: Thu Dec 15, 2005 2:59 pm
by lotas
I also vote for Pioneer, I love Pioneer HU's. What makes you wanna go with the Alpine? They are both solid, no matter what you get you are gonna get a solid HU, because Pioneer and Alpine both make solid HU's (IMO), there are other brands but those would be my "favorites", with Pioneer on top.

Anyways that whole Canada thing is a drag, but hey, at least the socialism up there gets you like free Dental Care and shit. My dad has spent around $50,000 on his teeth, if you can believe that.

Posted: Thu Dec 15, 2005 3:03 pm
by ridr4lif
I also vote pioneer. I've owned every 6000 series from the 6300 up to the 6600 and have been impressed with every single one.

Posted: Thu Dec 15, 2005 3:18 pm
by Vindicate
Hehe, I just think Alpine looks sharper, but hey, you guys know yer shit. My basis is on cosmetics solely, it seems that the Pioneer is the better, so that's the smart choice! Thanks for all yer feedback