Attention all members!
Have a cool ride? Then show it off on our website! All vehicles welcome!

Decent Cheap Decks

Car stereo head units, EQ, and DSP questions.
User avatar
Vindicate
Senior Member
Posts: 331
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2005 12:50 pm
Location: Edmonton, AB

Decent Cheap Decks

Post by Vindicate »

Hey, I'm looking for a new deck sometime in the near future. I'm not really picky on one brand or the other, but want something thats good for a low price range. Basically, I'm just wanting to know what are some nice decks in the 170-220$ US range.
two4fifteen
Senior Member
Posts: 774
Joined: Sat Oct 01, 2005 8:00 am
Location: detroit

Post by two4fifteen »

alpine cda-9851 or pioneer deh-p7700mp they can both be found online for around $220
two4fifteen
Senior Member
Posts: 774
Joined: Sat Oct 01, 2005 8:00 am
Location: detroit

Post by two4fifteen »

or Clarion ProAudio DXZ655MP
sinister audio
Master of My Domain
Posts: 2562
Joined: Sat Mar 19, 2005 9:00 am
Location: Watertown, South Dakota
Contact:

Post by sinister audio »

panasonic MXE 7401U thats a nice deck and you should be able to get it pretty close to that price. or a JVC AR760/860
Bwcad1
Master of My Domain
Posts: 9312
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2005 11:00 am
Location: Ohio

Post by Bwcad1 »

premier deh-p670 160 at ikesound one of the best decks in my opinion. sub 200 dollars.
ImageImage


ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
ridr4lif
Master of My Domain
Posts: 1654
Joined: Fri Oct 15, 2004 11:00 am
Location: East Hampton, NY

Post by ridr4lif »

Bwcad1 wrote:premier deh-p670 160 at ikesound one of the best decks in my opinion. sub 200 dollars.
QFT. Pioneer all the way for HU's.
User avatar
Vindicate
Senior Member
Posts: 331
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2005 12:50 pm
Location: Edmonton, AB

Post by Vindicate »

Well, after calling around town to local dealers about those decks, looks like it's a tossup between:

Pioneer Premier DEH-P670 (290$ Canadian 250$ US)
http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_3536.html

Alpine CDA-9847 (300$ Canadian 250$ US)
http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_3299.html

JVC KD-AR760 (260$ Canadian 225$ US)
http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_3717.html

I'm probably going to get the Alpine one.

My prices are high compared to Sonicelectronix but, I have to pay another 20$ for Shipping to the border and then another 40$ from that border to my house. So basically take the price u see on Sonicelectronix and +60$ to it. ikesound.com doesn't ship to Canada either. If I buy from in town also, I don't have to mail it out anywhere if stuff goes wrong.
User avatar
lotas
Posts: 1112
Joined: Tue Oct 05, 2004 8:00 am
Location: WA

Post by lotas »

I also vote for Pioneer, I love Pioneer HU's. What makes you wanna go with the Alpine? They are both solid, no matter what you get you are gonna get a solid HU, because Pioneer and Alpine both make solid HU's (IMO), there are other brands but those would be my "favorites", with Pioneer on top.

Anyways that whole Canada thing is a drag, but hey, at least the socialism up there gets you like free Dental Care and shit. My dad has spent around $50,000 on his teeth, if you can believe that.
ridr4lif
Master of My Domain
Posts: 1654
Joined: Fri Oct 15, 2004 11:00 am
Location: East Hampton, NY

Post by ridr4lif »

I also vote pioneer. I've owned every 6000 series from the 6300 up to the 6600 and have been impressed with every single one.
User avatar
Vindicate
Senior Member
Posts: 331
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2005 12:50 pm
Location: Edmonton, AB

Post by Vindicate »

Hehe, I just think Alpine looks sharper, but hey, you guys know yer shit. My basis is on cosmetics solely, it seems that the Pioneer is the better, so that's the smart choice! Thanks for all yer feedback
Post Reply