Page 1 of 2

Install problems

Posted: Mon Nov 21, 2005 5:36 pm
by nykbbal
Hi,

I have recently bought a dash kit for my 97 ford escort and have installed it. Now, I just bought a dual deck and have wired it and everything but the deck wont power up. I know the deck has power because the reset button behind the faceplate blinks. The installation manual says to hit the button besides the reset button to reset the system. I do that, but the reset light still blinks. The instructional manual for installation says nothing more to do about the situation and I have no clue on where to go from here. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Carl

Posted: Mon Nov 21, 2005 5:38 pm
by Bwcad1
are you sure you have everything installed correctly your wires are connected correctly

Posted: Mon Nov 21, 2005 5:38 pm
by Chris from Washington
checked all the fuses?

what type of deck is this?

Posted: Mon Nov 21, 2005 5:53 pm
by Justin from Detroit1
Did you use a wire adapter? Sounds like it may be getting constant power, but not getting the ACC power to turn it on. A lot of decks have a built in "security" light which will blink when it doesn't have acc power.

Posted: Mon Nov 21, 2005 6:08 pm
by nykbbal
The dash kit I bought was made by schosche, and that came with the adapter kit. Then from there, I just matched the colors of the wires and plugged the ends in. Then, I tried to turn it on and it didn't work... I originally blew the fuse for the dash, but I replaced that and now all the fuses are good, even the one in the deck itself. The deck is produced by Dual. As for a wire adapter... what is it? and what does it do?

Thanks,

Carl

Posted: Mon Nov 21, 2005 11:30 pm
by High Society
Is that a used, or new deck? Not to be rude, but if new. I would take it back, and look into a more reliable HU. I would double check your wires. Make sure you have your power wire(should be yellow) hooked up right. Maybe you have that and the ACC wire crossed.

Posted: Mon Nov 21, 2005 11:32 pm
by High Society
know the deck has power because the reset button behind the faceplate blinks
Check the ACC wire, should be the red wire. Make sure it's hooked up to the radio fuse.

Posted: Mon Nov 21, 2005 11:37 pm
by High Society
http://www.sfxaudio.com/AudioSchool/colorcodes.asp


That will give you the colors of which wires are what if you are a lil confused.

Posted: Tue Nov 22, 2005 12:04 am
by nykbbal
Thanks for the help, but I have found the problem. A acc wire that came from the car to the adapter didn't have power, so I had to tap a fuse.

Posted: Tue Nov 22, 2005 12:09 am
by High Society
Thanks for the help, but I have found the problem. A acc wire that came from the car to the adapter didn't have power, so I had to tap a fuse.
Glad you got it fixed. Come back with any questions. We will be happy to help.