Attention all members!
Have a cool ride? Then show it off on our website! All vehicles welcome!

Install problems

Car stereo head units, EQ, and DSP questions.
nykbbal
Junior Member
Posts: 3
Joined: Mon Nov 21, 2005 5:32 pm

Install problems

Post by nykbbal »

Hi,

I have recently bought a dash kit for my 97 ford escort and have installed it. Now, I just bought a dual deck and have wired it and everything but the deck wont power up. I know the deck has power because the reset button behind the faceplate blinks. The installation manual says to hit the button besides the reset button to reset the system. I do that, but the reset light still blinks. The instructional manual for installation says nothing more to do about the situation and I have no clue on where to go from here. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Carl
Bwcad1
Master of My Domain
Posts: 9312
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2005 11:00 am
Location: Ohio

Post by Bwcad1 »

are you sure you have everything installed correctly your wires are connected correctly
ImageImage


ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
User avatar
Chris from Washington
Posts: 4671
Joined: Sat Oct 02, 2004 8:00 am
Location: Washington
Contact:

Post by Chris from Washington »

checked all the fuses?

what type of deck is this?
Justin from Detroit1
Junior Member
Posts: 0
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 1969 6:00 pm
Location: Detroit

Post by Justin from Detroit1 »

Did you use a wire adapter? Sounds like it may be getting constant power, but not getting the ACC power to turn it on. A lot of decks have a built in "security" light which will blink when it doesn't have acc power.
nykbbal
Junior Member
Posts: 3
Joined: Mon Nov 21, 2005 5:32 pm

Post by nykbbal »

The dash kit I bought was made by schosche, and that came with the adapter kit. Then from there, I just matched the colors of the wires and plugged the ends in. Then, I tried to turn it on and it didn't work... I originally blew the fuse for the dash, but I replaced that and now all the fuses are good, even the one in the deck itself. The deck is produced by Dual. As for a wire adapter... what is it? and what does it do?

Thanks,

Carl
High Society
Master of My Domain
Posts: 2473
Joined: Sun Jan 23, 2005 11:59 am
Location: Philippines
Contact:

Post by High Society »

Is that a used, or new deck? Not to be rude, but if new. I would take it back, and look into a more reliable HU. I would double check your wires. Make sure you have your power wire(should be yellow) hooked up right. Maybe you have that and the ACC wire crossed.
♠ Mateo ♠

80 pounds of Titanium
Proud Member of Team Wolfpack Audio
High Society
Master of My Domain
Posts: 2473
Joined: Sun Jan 23, 2005 11:59 am
Location: Philippines
Contact:

Post by High Society »

know the deck has power because the reset button behind the faceplate blinks
Check the ACC wire, should be the red wire. Make sure it's hooked up to the radio fuse.
♠ Mateo ♠

80 pounds of Titanium
Proud Member of Team Wolfpack Audio
High Society
Master of My Domain
Posts: 2473
Joined: Sun Jan 23, 2005 11:59 am
Location: Philippines
Contact:

Post by High Society »

http://www.sfxaudio.com/AudioSchool/colorcodes.asp


That will give you the colors of which wires are what if you are a lil confused.
♠ Mateo ♠

80 pounds of Titanium
Proud Member of Team Wolfpack Audio
nykbbal
Junior Member
Posts: 3
Joined: Mon Nov 21, 2005 5:32 pm

Post by nykbbal »

Thanks for the help, but I have found the problem. A acc wire that came from the car to the adapter didn't have power, so I had to tap a fuse.
High Society
Master of My Domain
Posts: 2473
Joined: Sun Jan 23, 2005 11:59 am
Location: Philippines
Contact:

Post by High Society »

Thanks for the help, but I have found the problem. A acc wire that came from the car to the adapter didn't have power, so I had to tap a fuse.
Glad you got it fixed. Come back with any questions. We will be happy to help.
♠ Mateo ♠

80 pounds of Titanium
Proud Member of Team Wolfpack Audio
Post Reply