Page 1 of 2
ECLIPSE 3650, 2ohm stable?
Posted: Wed Sep 21, 2005 7:08 pm
by jamesavery22
Does anyone know if that 3650's sub channel is 2ohm stable? Guessing it isn't but I cannot find any literature on it at all...
Posted: Wed Sep 21, 2005 8:13 pm
by ridr4lif
Maybe a quick little email to eclipse?
tedd
Posted: Thu Sep 22, 2005 5:51 am
by racerraul
The 3650 is the same as the EA3532... The sub channel on those is not 2ohm Stable...
However the PA5532 sub channel IS 2ohm stable, if you are looking to stay with the Eclipse brand.
I would talk to sinister audio here about a price on The DLS amps...
The Classic CA51
http://www.dls.se/english/fstark/ca51.htm
or
The Reference RA50
http://www.dls.se/english/fstark/RA50.htm
Posted: Thu Sep 22, 2005 6:14 am
by GlassWolf
either DLS, or possibly Arc.. they've got some niec amplifiers as well, and we have a resident Arc dealer here too.
Posted: Thu Sep 22, 2005 6:35 am
by sinister audio
ya justin has the arc side, they are all very very good amps actually i would rate them a little better than eclipse dont get me wrong eclipse amps are very good but i think these are a little better.
Posted: Thu Sep 22, 2005 6:37 am
by racerraul
KikiTheCat wrote:either DLS, or possibly Arc.. they've got some niec amplifiers as well, and we have a resident Arc dealer here too.
I once saw the 1st Gen Heat Sinks of the Arc Audio amps in all White with Gold accents...
The initial imprint that combination left in my mind is a burning image I can't shake to this day... I really thought they looked that good...
Posted: Thu Sep 22, 2005 7:19 am
by jamesavery22
I was just looking at that 5ch amp because there were a few on ebay. I only need to power one 10 and a component set so I'm looking at some cheap 2 channel eclipse amps on ebay.
Posted: Thu Sep 22, 2005 7:23 am
by sinister audio
look at a DLS ca-31 that would be perfect for you cause its a 3 channel amp that is a very decent price and has decent power.
Posted: Thu Sep 22, 2005 7:37 am
by jamesavery22
The ca-31 looks perfect in terms of specs. And guessing you guys wouldnt recommend it if it wasnt a very clean amp. There is a dealer in VA but not close to me so I'd have to find an online dealer.
still think it would be cheaper to find a 50w x 2 and a 75w x 2 eclipse on ebay :shrug:
Posted: Thu Sep 22, 2005 7:39 am
by sinister audio
i have a sale this week on DLS and you can get that amp for under 340 bucks with a warranty.