Attention all members!
Have a cool ride? Then show it off on our website! All vehicles welcome!

help with a panasonic deck

Car stereo head units, EQ, and DSP questions.
saukaran
Junior Member
Posts: 2
Joined: Fri Sep 16, 2005 2:36 am
Location: Calgary AB, CAN

help with a panasonic deck

Post by saukaran »

Hey,
I'm brand new here, but you guys seem very knowledgeable, and I had a few questions I was hoping could be answered. I have a Panasonic CQ-DF88 deck, and when I go to pop in a cd, it doesn't pull properly. It will pull the cd about half-way, and then I have to help it along. Similar thing happens when I try to get my cd back, it only pushes it out an inch or so, and then stops. I can still hear the gears going, so I'm not sure why that is. Any tips on how to fix that or how serious that problem is? I appreciate the help.
Ryan from Ohio
Posts: 13308
Joined: Fri Mar 17, 2000 12:00 pm
Contact:

Post by Ryan from Ohio »

Sounds like the cd load/unload mechanism is malfunctioning.

It may be worn or defective. If its a newer deck I would consider warranty repair. If its an old deck I would replace.

But you havent lost a CD yet...
-Ryan
www.caraudiocentral.net - Your #1 Car Audio Resource on the Net!
sinister audio
Master of My Domain
Posts: 2562
Joined: Sat Mar 19, 2005 9:00 am
Location: Watertown, South Dakota
Contact:

Post by sinister audio »

it could be dirty but it seems like when a deck gets to that point then its time to get another one. thats gotta be 3-4 years old by now.
Post Reply