Attention all members!
Have a cool ride? Then show it off on our website! All vehicles welcome!
Have a cool ride? Then show it off on our website! All vehicles welcome!
Gunna try Alpine this time.
-
Minorthreat412
- Member
- Posts: 97
- Joined: Sun Mar 20, 2005 8:07 pm
- Location: Belleville, Michigan
Gunna try Alpine this time.
I've had a Pioneer for about 18 months now and I blame it for most of the problems I have. I love how i know almost everything there is to know about it, but it's about time to get a new one.
Alpine seems to be a #1 brand when it comes to head units, so I think I'm going to go with them this time around.
Does anyone have any good advice to get one? I'm looking for something cheap. I would love for it to play mp3 CDs. That's basically all I want/need.
Any advice would be helpful. Thank you.
Alpine seems to be a #1 brand when it comes to head units, so I think I'm going to go with them this time around.
Does anyone have any good advice to get one? I'm looking for something cheap. I would love for it to play mp3 CDs. That's basically all I want/need.
Any advice would be helpful. Thank you.
-
Ryan from Ohio
- Posts: 13308
- Joined: Fri Mar 17, 2000 12:00 pm
- Contact:
I like alpine Radios when you start getting into the 350+$ range.
Clarion Pro Audio are another good choice.
JVC makes some killer good units when you get around $270 range. IMO the SQ would rival some of Alpines better models, and at half the cost. PLUS you get far more features.
Clarion Pro Audio are another good choice.
JVC makes some killer good units when you get around $270 range. IMO the SQ would rival some of Alpines better models, and at half the cost. PLUS you get far more features.
-Ryan
www.caraudiocentral.net - Your #1 Car Audio Resource on the Net!
www.caraudiocentral.net - Your #1 Car Audio Resource on the Net!
-
Minorthreat412
- Member
- Posts: 97
- Joined: Sun Mar 20, 2005 8:07 pm
- Location: Belleville, Michigan
I've had a little bad luck with JVC. My family owns a car dealership and I see cars come and go very often. The one thing I noticed about the JVC's that I've see is that either the display doesn't work or nothing is coming from the HU at all, just the display will come on.
I'm not saying they're bad HU (I'm sure they weren't $270 either), and I'm pretty sure that you know a lot more about this than I do. lol. I just don't want to think about all those dead radios when I decide to buy a new HU.
I'm looking for something around $150 or so. I really don't want a lot of money into something that might get stolen or broken. I guess you could say "I'd like a bulletproof receiver."
I'm not saying they're bad HU (I'm sure they weren't $270 either), and I'm pretty sure that you know a lot more about this than I do. lol. I just don't want to think about all those dead radios when I decide to buy a new HU.
I'm looking for something around $150 or so. I really don't want a lot of money into something that might get stolen or broken. I guess you could say "I'd like a bulletproof receiver."
-
Ryan from Ohio
- Posts: 13308
- Joined: Fri Mar 17, 2000 12:00 pm
- Contact:
For $150 you wont get what you want in Alpine, thats for sure.
-Ryan
www.caraudiocentral.net - Your #1 Car Audio Resource on the Net!
www.caraudiocentral.net - Your #1 Car Audio Resource on the Net!
-
sinister audio
- Master of My Domain
- Posts: 2562
- Joined: Sat Mar 19, 2005 9:00 am
- Location: Watertown, South Dakota
- Contact:
-
Minorthreat412
- Member
- Posts: 97
- Joined: Sun Mar 20, 2005 8:07 pm
- Location: Belleville, Michigan
The Pioneer I have is just about the only reason I have to blame for the noise that I get when my subs are hooked up. Here's the forum.
http://www.caraudiocentral.net/forums/s ... ight=noise
I just want a reliable but cheap HU. I loved my pioneer and it was only about $200. I want the equivalent to that Pioneer. Just a new brand.
Basically, if Alpine doesn't get any huge complaints then I'll most likely go with them. Or spend a bit more money and get a Premier.
I just want to trust my radio.
http://www.caraudiocentral.net/forums/s ... ight=noise
I just want a reliable but cheap HU. I loved my pioneer and it was only about $200. I want the equivalent to that Pioneer. Just a new brand.
Basically, if Alpine doesn't get any huge complaints then I'll most likely go with them. Or spend a bit more money and get a Premier.
I just want to trust my radio.
-
Minorthreat412
- Member
- Posts: 97
- Joined: Sun Mar 20, 2005 8:07 pm
- Location: Belleville, Michigan
- William from NOLA
- Posts: 5172
- Joined: Tue Oct 05, 2004 8:00 am
- Location: Metairie, LA
- Contact:
